Chapter eight

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

She thought he could flirt

Chapter eight:

Jasmine stood in front of the door of a house and turned to look at Martin,”  let’s live it to the fullest” she said and winked, he smiled and leaned in, planted a kiss on her lips and pulled back.

She blushed slightly before pressing the button by the door. A couple of running footsteps approached the door before Elizabeth was revealed. Martino dropped his head to look at the red head with the striking black eyes, she looked beautiful for her age. “Hey Jasmine” she saluted smiling cheekily and she hugged Jasmine who was smiling down at her. Martin didn’t help but smile like an idiot watching them.

She stepped in and heard the noise from the dinner table, she turned to look at Martin and she mouthed,” come in”

He nodded and passed his fingers through his hair once before following her a couple of steps far behind.

Jasmine smiled widely as her eyes fell on the people she called family

Gerard, Hayley, their children, even Maryanne –Ella’s best friend since high school- and her husband Brian with their own children! And of course, Zack and Ella

“Sorry guys I’m late” she chimed in happily before looking at the entrance and Martin entered the room, the voices quieted down a bit as everyone looked at him but his eyes were on Jasmine as she smiled genuinely.

Of course, she was with her family. And he was privileged to be a part of it

He noticed how a –too good to be true- beautiful couple stood up from the table and moved to the side to greet them.

The guy had black hair that was similar to his own and his sense in style made Martin feel like a douche. The lady beside him had striking red hair just like the little girl at the door and brown eyes like Jasmine’s.

They were both too good looking, it kind of angered him. But surprisingly he felt his heart warm up at the sight of them. They seemed kind hearted people and he was happy he met them.

Martin and Jasmine walked around the table saying hi to everyone and suddenly the nervousness kicked in. they’re her family, they’ll judge him, analyze every move he makes, if he sweats they will hold it against him, if he laughs too loud, held against him. If he eyes her too sexily, held against him.

Especially when he noticed the couple waiting for them hissing something under their breaths and throwing looks at each other. The guy looked almost displeased with Martin’s look and it wasn’t helping his nerves.

Jasmine stood closer to Martino’s body and they both stood before the couple, the woman was beautiful, that was hard to ignore and she held a friendly smile on her face, but the guy looked a little scary to be honest.

Jasmine however was guarding him with so much love and respect that Martin couldn’t help but feel like a baby under the guy’s gaze.

That guy then suddenly wrapped his arm around his –hopefully- wife’s waist and then planted a kiss at the side of her head before holding out his free hand and saying,

“How are you, I’m Zack. And if you break her heart, I will break everything you’ve got.”

Martino smiled shakily a little uncomfortable but then Jasmine and the woman in that guy’s embrace giggled and that was why he relaxed and shook his reached hand and said firmly,

“I’m Martin, and believe me sir; I will never break her heart”

That Zack man guarded him with an unwavering gaze but suddenly a smile fell on his face which did miracles to the impression he gives.

“Well, this is my wife, Ella” he introduced his wife who smiled and shook Martin’s hand

“I want to know before you sit down and eat—“Zack said and then continued,”—what are you guys?”

Martin frowned and looked at Jasmine for help,” I beg your pardon?” he asked.

“Are you using her for sex? I know guys—“

“Zack” the woman –Ella- scolded him. The guy’s face fell into a helpless vulnerable heap and his shoulders fell. He dropped his arm from around her and he softly mumbled,

”you’re welcomed here”

Jasmine giggled again and she unconsciously wrapped her arm around Martin’s waist, her head settling on his shoulder. He wrapped his own arm around her waist and then took a breath before walking along side Jasmine to the free seats.

This family was lovely and he adored them

He almost forgot the feeling of being loved and cared about, and here it is.. The feeling..

Right here, at that moment, in her arms.