Chapter 1

I thank SecretHimitsu for the beautiful cones on my and Conan's head. Read, ugly ducklings. 

[Edited by a grate person]

-----

A sudden wave of chills crept up from the bottom of my spine and spread throughout my body. I was then there, sitting on a bench along with my chattering friends. I kept quiet, not wanting to interact—not yet. It's a strange feeling, though I don't know what this feeling is. I'm only a teenager yet I have so many troubles cramping around me.

I hate it.

No one asks me if I'm fine or not. To show that I'm okay, I keep playing games on my phone and smile for them. Even if you open yourself to them, they won't help much. But despite that, they are actually nice friends to hang out with, each with funny personalities and random stuff to laugh about.

After that, it was time for our last lesson as we all departed for our classrooms. Then it was finally home time. Man, I hate schools and teachers. I don't walk home with my friends even though they walk home every single time. I go ride a bus that's around this place. I don't like walking home. It's too far anyway.

As the bus dropped me close to my house, I walked through the bushes that I knew were a shortcut. The area was full of flats built around a playground in the centre, with roads wrapped around it. It's like an oval you see. Every time I stroll towards my house, it's always on the left of the sidewalk. It always seems like that.

Sympathy is something you only feel towards other people, not for yourself. So, therefore, you don't have to care about yourself. You're nothing but another person living in this rotten society. You can hate yourself, but you can't pity yourself.

I keep going up the wrong path and didn't bother to turn back nor correct myself. Left and right are both paths that lead up to bad choices. There's no good path. For me, there isn't. It's like I have to keep going through this bloody course just to satisfy someone who I don't know. That's what's going on in my head. Take responsibility for your own actions, they say. I do, but not always. My actions... They're worst than I thought.

So I try to change again, hoping for something to change again.

I headed up a flight of stairs and finally laid eyes on the first floor of my flat. I don't really like climbing stairs, it's tiresome. I held the door handle, pushing it down to open the door. It was still the same, the same place I always go home to. I took off my shoes and placed them on the shoe rack. Stepping on the floor and entering the house, saying the words that usually gain a reply telling whether they're here or not. Are they here?

I called out. No answer.

No, they're not.

Huh?

Usually, my siblings would be here; older sister and older brother. They don't have school since their university is in holiday mode. My mum should also be here; she would be cleaning or cooking in the house. My dad would probably be here if he has no work. My little brother goes home earlier than me, hogging the computer for games or playing outside with his friends. However, I don't see him anywhere. How odd. If they were going somewhere—my family that is—they would have locked the now-locked door.

My eyes began to itch, so naturally, I rubbed my eyes. Then...

I blinked once.

I blinked twice.

I blinked thrice.

Everything changed.

Was I falling? I wouldn't know. But everything seemed like part of a, particularly long fall. The world was a pure white no matter how I turn around. It somehow felt relaxing. I'm so weird, haha. Hey, I know I watch too much anime but I can just imagine myself falling into some kind of world I like. Maybe because I read too much fanfiction, especially Detective Conan ones. Well, I haven't watched it for a while. I made like 6 books about it, or maybe 7.