Twenty-Eight

Avery's POV

I let out a huge breath, just as I heard his car start. "You okay?" Jean asked me. I nodded, trying to calm down.

"I'm alright, can I just... stay in the guest room tonight?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"Sure, my mom's sleeping right now." She ran up the stairs, I took another breathe and ran up after her. She lead me to the guest bedroom. "I'll give you some space."

"Thanks." I smiled, well attempted to smile . Once she closed the door, I dropped my bag and collapsed onto the bed. I laid there, staring at the wall. I wasn't crying, just there.

After a minute, I pulled myself under the covers. I snuggled into the sheets, this bed was so familiar. I waited for sleep to come, although something was missing, Kian's arms around me.

Kian's POV

I knocked at the door. Literally within a second it was opened. I stepped inside, greeting her. She placed a hand on my chest, and that was the end of talking.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I didn't mean for this to start. I just wanted a fling. Someone I could bang. Trust me, it would of been Avery, but I didn't want her to feel pressured into doing it. Especially a lot.

This girl, Alyssa, was okay. Of course she was pretty, but Avery was gorgeous. And she was good in bed, but Avery had a certain charm to her. Like I said she was okay, Avery was amazing.

Avery was my everything. I squeezed my fists, I fucked up. I fucked up really bad! I don't know if she'll forgive me for this one. I'm a douche. I'm exactly what I promised I wasn't anymore.

Avery's POV

I woke up at 4 AM. I had about 3 hours of sleep last night. The thoughts I had kept me up. I actually woke up and reached for Kian, thinking this was all a dream. But I let myself cry when I found the bed empty.

I sat up and trudged to the bathroom. I have always been comfortable in Jeanelle's house. The only time I'm not is when her mom's home. She's a druggy, and not here often, this time she left at 1.

I locked the door and started the shower. I took off my clothes and hopped in. I stayed under the stream, not moving. After 10 minutes, I stepped out and toweled off. The shower wasn't relaxing enough.

I walked to the bedroom, and got in the same clothes, then headed down stairs. I wasn't going to school. It had become irrelevant. I still doubt my reasoning behind not dropping out.

I looked in the pantry. Jeanelle was right, there was nothing to eat. I frowned and sat at the table. My phone was dead, charger at Kian's, Jean should be going to school soon, I'll have nothing to do. I could go to the mall, but everything is at Kian's besides 2 or 3 dollars.

I got up, just as Jeanelle came down. "Hey, what ya doing?"

"I got to go." I said, bluntly. I moved towards the door, but someone grabbed my arm. "What?"

"Where?" She questioned. "Not to be all parenty, but you don't seem like yourself, and I'm worried."

"No, there's no need to worry." I smiled, but again it felt weird as hell. "I'm just not going to school today!"

"Ok." She said, releasing me. "Oh and Aves?" She asked. She embraced me in a hug, and I hugged back. "Happy Birthday!"

"Already?" I was shocked. I'm usually so excited for my birthday. Especially my 18th! OMG! I'M 18, I'M A FREAKING ADULT! "YES! OMG, YES!" I screamed, hugging Jean tightly.

"I know!" She yelled right back. We smiled and then said goodbye. After her car pulled away, I started walking. It's about a 30 minute walk, so Kian should be at school when I arrive.

I walked as fast as I could to his house. I didn't want to see Kian, so I had to move quickly in and out. I arrived around 9, perfect! I grabbed the key out of my purse and unlocked the door. "Easy. In and out!" I whispered, trying to be confident.

But all that did was make me want burgers. I jogged up the stairs quietly, and went to the bathroom first. I grabbed everything and threw it in the little toiletries bag I have. I had just finished when I heard voices.

"Yep." Someone said. It was a male, so I'm guessing Kian.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I cursed, something I rarely do. More voices came from the stairs, even a feminine giggle. Wow, he sure moved on fast! I thought. I was hurt, it had only been half a day.

I heard them coming closer, so I quickly dove into the shower. "I'll be right back." Kian said. He came in my direction, I prayed he wasn't coming in here. But my prays didn't go farther then the ceiling. Kian turned into the bathroom shutting the door.

"Dammit." I mouthed, I was too scared that he would hear me to actually speak. I peeked through the curtain. He had his hands over his his eyes. All the sudden his breathing got heavier. He was crying.

Kian Lawley was crying. Kian Lawley was crying. Holy crap! I resisted the urge to hop out of the shower and hug him. I was so close to that, but just knowing what he had done stopped me.

"I'm so so so sorry Aves." That threw me over the edge. I let out a little whimper, and he turned really quick. I shrunk back in the tub, hoping he shrug it off. But I saw his shadow coming closer.

He opened the curtain and went wide eyed. "Hey." I said, my voice breaking. He didn't say anything he just stared. I stood up, and stepped past him. "Uh, I thought you'd be at school, so I came to get my stuff."

He still didn't say anything. "Well, I'll just get it-" He cut me off by hugging the crap out of me.

I inhaled his cologne, allowing myself to hug back. I practically heard him smile. He released and leaned in. I put my finger to his mouth. "Sorry." He said on my skin, making me shiver.

"It's just.." I trailed off. Then I remembered the girl he was with. "Who's here?"

"Um, Alyssa." He rubbed his neck. Anger suddenly bubbled up inside me. "Listen, I was about to-"

"Shut up." I clenched my jaw. He pleaded at me with his eyes. "I'm getting my stuff." I declared and marched out the door.

"Avery." He called, trying to catch up. I picked up the pace, making it to his room only to find a half naked blonde in bed.

"What the fuck?!" I swore again. She covered up, shrieking. "I'm leaving. You're a douche." I screamed.

"You're a bitch." The girl muttered. I was so angry, I couldn't think. I turned around and flung my fist at her face.