Twenty-Three

I huffed closing my locker. Being alone didn't help my attitude at all. I walked slowly down the hall, turning the corner into the ladies room.

I walked in and immediately tried turning around, but I stopped myself. There stood Emily and her little group. I sighed, why is my life so cliché?

"Hey Aves." She laughed, her friends snickering behind her. "How's life?"

"It-" I began.

"I didn't say you could speak." She sneered, I looked down at my shoes. "Look at me, slut." The cruel words reminded me of my dad's.

I looked up, waiting. She smiled mischievously and walked towards me. She came so close I could smell her cheap perfume. Just then the bell rang, I turned a little and she grabbed my wrist.

I squealed as she put pressure on my wounds. She noticed and snickered. "I didn't think you were that pathetic."

"What?" I asked, trying to play it off.

"Aves, there's this poem. It's really nice, wanna hear it?" I shook my head. "Well too bad."

"I have to-" I tried again.

"Shut the fuck up!" She yelled, I shivered. "It goes, she paints a lovely picture, but here's the shocking twist, her paintbrush is a razor and the canvas is her wrist." She smiled.

I felt tears welling, why the hell do I always cry?!? They all started walking off. "Oh and Avery." Jessica, one of Emily's friends added. "Just wait until Kian hears about this."

My face went white as they all left. "No, no." I muttered. If Kian found out he would leave me for sure. He can barely take me now, imagine if he knew I was this broken inside.

I dropped to the ground and sat against the wall, Emily has probably told Kian by now. I laughed at myself, rolling up my sleeve. "Why am I like this?" I whispered to no one. Eventually I started crying, again. The tears spilled over erasing the happy face I put on for everyone. I planned to just make another, but this time I wasn't that strong.

I picked myself up and went into a stall, I stared at my candy cane arms. Screw up, screw up, screw up... kept running through my mind. "I hate you!" I yelled at myself.

After awhile I unlocked the stall and stepped out. I looked at my appearance in the mirror. Makeup running down my cheeks seemed to be a regular thing now a days.

I didn't bother cleaning up, leaving the bathroom just as the bell rang. I laughed again, just my luck. People stared at me and whispered, but I didn't hide, I walked down the hallway and right out of school.

Kian's POV

"Mr. Caylen!" The teacher yelled at Jc. I laughed as he got scolded. Jc just sat there taking it like a man. The teacher had just finished his little speech as the bell rang. We both hopped up and exited.

"Yes." I whispered.

"What?" Jc pryed. I smiled, and he knew. "Damn, you really love this girl."

"I sure do, bitch." I pushed him. He flipped me off and then walked to his locker. I got to mine and unlocked it. I missed Avery so much already.

Then there was a tap on my shoulder. "Um, What?" I asked Emily coldly.

"I heard Avery was your bitch now." She placed a hand on her hip.

"She's my girlfriend." I distinguished. She cackled and looked at her friends.

"Whatever. You know about her right?" She smiled again. I shook my head, closing my locker. I was pretty sure everything she was about to say was a lie.

"She's a freak." Jessica said, I laughed and was about to say something, but she blabbered on. "Her mom died, when she was 13. And she got all.. ew."

"So? I already knew that. There is nothing wrong with being sad about your mom's death." I defended.

"Yeah. But, she was like all emo and moody for a long time. One time, I heard she tried to kill herself." A girl named Maddie said. The words tortured my heart, that I didn't know.

"She like cut, and then she stopped. But..." Jessica said, looking at Emily to finish.

"We were all in the bathroom, and I saw her arms. They are fucking shredded, fresh too." She smiled at me. It disgusted me that she could be so cold, to know someone hurt like that and use it against them.

"Yeah, and we heard her scream." Maddie said.

"What?!" I yelled, a couple heads turned my way. "Where is she?!" They just shrugged. I wiped out my phone and called her. It went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, it's Avery! I can't talk right now, but leave your number and I'll give you a call back, byeeee!" I smiled at her voice, but then hung up.

I ran down the hall, and over to the bathroom. "Avery!" I yelled, no answer. "Aves, baby?" Still no answer.

I jumped around and saw Matt and Sam talking. "Oh, hey. What's the matter?" Matt asked.

"Have you seen Avery?" I asked, rushed. They gave me a confused look. "AVERY?!!?" I screamed at them.

"Oh, um. We just saw her, she looked bad. I tried to stop her but she didn't hear me." Sam said.

"Where?!?" I asked, on my toes ready to run.

"I don't know, she left the school." I nodded and sprinted out towards the parking lot. I ran to my car and hopped in.

"Baby, please." I prayed and stepped on the gas.

A/N shit gets real next chapter, sorry I suck at writing lol ilyg