Nine

He held me close to his chest, I could smell the cigarette smoke and cologne. We didn't speak, well I mostly sobbed. He would pull me tighter to him each time one popped out. Although my cries were loud, I could still hear the whispers.

"Hah. Get some, Kian!"

"Attention whore much?"

"Aww. She's gonna go tell her Mommy!"

That comment brought a new set of sobs on. I think Kian heard the it too though, because he picked up his pace, a lot. When we came to a sudden stop, I turned my head an inch to see. We were at Kian's car. "Avery? Babe.." He whispered in my ear. My lips trembled as I sucked in air. I decided not answering would be better. "I'm gonna set you down." He said each word slowly.

"No.." I sniffed, I heard him chuckle.

"Av-"

"No." I stopped him, he laughed again.

"What am I gonna do then?" He chuckled. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to say 'hug me tightly and never let me go' but.. yeah no.

"I don't know. Just stay." My voice cracked at the end.

"I will but I need to get you home. I have to put you-" Fear quickly over powered rational thinking, and I spoke freely.

"Can you just.. h-hold me?" I closed my eyes again, and faced away from him, scared of rejection.

"Forever." He muttered, that made my heart stop. Just this afternoon Kian was being a complete jerk, now he's all 'forever!' . Like what the heck?

He walked around to the other side of the car, opening the door and hopping in, me still in his arms. He cradled me in his lap as he drove, humming along to the radio.

When we finally pulled up to my house, he carried me in. "Uh. Avery, its locked." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "The keys in my back pocket."

"May I?" He smirked, I nodded. I felt his fingers slip into my back pocket and then out, although they lingered a little bit, he was good. He unlocked the door, and walked inside.

"On the couch." I frowned. He set me down, and sat down beside me.

"What happened?" He looked at me, the nice side of Kian was back.

"Emily happened." I sniffed again. He smiled slightly, placing his hand on my knee.

"No shit! She's a bitch, but what did she do?" He chuckled, but was serious at the end.

Thinking about it brought tears again. "My mom's.. she ruined it." I sobbed again. Kian reached over and pulled me into his chest.

"What did she ruin?" He cooed.

"The painting... it was for her. She was going to love it, love me again." I rambled on, crying into his shirt, making it damp from tears.

"Oh.." He was quiet. "I'm sorry. She's an asshole." There was irritation thick in his words. I sniffed into Kian's chest, him holding me closely. Before I knew it, it was dark. "Is your dad coming home?"

"Not till late." I rubbed my eye.

"I should probably go.." He murmured sending me into panic. I don't know why, but having Kian here, was keeping me away from the blade upstairs.

"No, no, no. Kian please, I-i need...you." I whispered, hiding my face.

"Avery. All you have to do is ask, and I'm here." He kissed my forehead. Holy crap! Did he just shock me? When his lips met my skin, it was like someone had attached me to jump cables.

"Thanks." I said, distracted by the wierd sensation I felt. Sooner or later I fell asleep, wrapped in Kian's arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kian's POV

I woke up, with a boner. I'm not gonna lie, the way Avery was cuddled up on my lap, did things.. ugh. I struggled to adjust her position, but I didn't want to wake her up. She had a rough day. Although I didn't really understand the whole thing with her mom, it seemed touchy.

I knew Emily was a fucking bitch, but I didn't know she was that hardass. Avery's little yawn, brought me out of my mind. "Hey." She half smiled.

"Hi, baby." I smirked, leaning done to kiss her. When she brought her lips to mine, surprising me, it didn't help the situation in my pants. "Wow."

"What?" She pulled away. "Did I do something wrong?"

I smirked again. "No, Avery! Your too right."

"Oh, ok." She smiled, widely. "Hey, what time is it?"

"Um.. 12!" I answered looking at my phone.

"In the afternoon?!" She asked, scrambling around.

"No, no! Midnight silly. I'm screwing up your sleep schedule." I laughed. She rolled her eyes and laid back down on my chest.

"I'm hungry!" She stated, a minute later.

"Well, let's eat!" I sat up, sliding her ass off my crotch, that didn't help either. "What do you want?" I said, trying to distract myself.

"Whatever is fine. Just make it quick, Im dying!" She laughed, it was good to see her not crying.

"Ok, I'll get on it then!" I stood up, as I stretched she giggled. "What?" I asked, suddenly scared.

"Someone's a little too excited to cuddle." She raised an eyebrow. I looked down, and immediately heated up.

"Oh shit!" I cursed, shuffling awkwardly.

"Aww, Kian's blushing! How cute. But it's ok, I know I'm really hot." She flipped her hair. "Just kidding."

"No kidding. You are unbelievably hot!" I hugged her waist. To be honest, I don't know what this girl does to me, but I'm a whole new person, I kinda love it, I kinda love he- never mind.

"Aww. Thanks, Kiki." She smiled, turning red.

"Kiki?" I chuckled, uncertain of my new name.

"Yep." She winked, I shook my head. "Oh, whatever. Lets go eat." She rolled her eyes, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the kitchen.

A/N cool! I'm a bitch and I finally updated, sry it took sooo long. I swear I'll update again soon! Love you guys and peace. See y'all very, very soon. Don't forget to comment and vote.