Fifteen

From: Luke

I'm outside, open up.

I did as he said and went to open the hotel room door.

"Hey" I said as I let him in. He smiled at me and followed me over to the bed. I sat down on the edge and he copied. "So?"

"What should we do now that half of your family knows?"

"I don't know"

"Is it bad that I still don't feel that guilty?"

"She's cheated on you more. At least you're still looking after your kid"

"Lola told me you're her favourite Aunt the other day. She wants to see you again"

"You can come over some time with her. You're welcome to stay whenever if you want a break at any point"

"Kylie's refusing to sign the divorce papers"

"It'll happen, don't worry"

"When Kylie and I finally get a divorce, will we start dating properly?"

"Luke, I don't know. Nothing's serious about us right now and I'm not going to make it serious when you're still a married man"

"I get that. Are you going to stop me if I try and kiss you now?"

"You think that's a good idea considering?"

"Uh huh" He mumbled as he moved closer and used one hand to cup the side of my face.

"Luke, I'm serious"

"So am I" He said as I sighed. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips. I pulled back.

"Your wife is across the hall"

"And you're here. I'm in the right place"

"If we did end up together, how do I know you won't cheat on me?"

"Honestly, you don't. But I promise I will never hurt you on purpose" I looked up at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes.

"Just kiss me again, you idiot" He smirked before kissing me again and pushing me back against the bed. We moved further up the bed until my head hit the pillows.

"How far's this going tonight, Miss Medina?"

"How far are you going to take it, Mr Hemmings?" He smirked before connecting our lips again.

****

"I can't believe we did that. After everything that happened today and we have sex" I said as we led beside one another.

"We're idiots" Luke openly said. "I'm just as bad as Kylie"

"No you're not. Don't say that" I told him as I turned onto my side so I was facing him as he led on his back. I ran my hand over his chest, drawing patterns. "You're nowhere near as bad as Kylie. She doesn't even have time for her daughter anymore, you do. She's been cheating on you for what? Six months now? We've been doing this for like a month and it's barely been anything. She's practically settled into another family and left you. You're in the process of getting a divorce. You've done nothing compared to her" I finished. He turned slightly so he was looking at me.

"You're amazing, you know that right?"

"I've been told a few times" He nudged me and rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, Mads"

"Alright, alright. Thank you" I replied. "So, you're calling me 'Mads' now?"

"I figured we were close enough"

"In that case I'll start calling you Lukey"

"Don't you fucking dare"

"I'm kidding. You staying here tonight?"

"If you don't mind"

"Of course not" I told him. "We should probably try and get some sleep" He nodded and reached over to turn the light off.

"Maddie, if there's still an 'us' by the time I get divorced, you know it's still not going to be easy for us to be whatever we are, right?"

"I know"

"Why are you staying with me? Why do you want a part in this?"

"I don't know, Luke. I honestly don't. I guess there's something in me that makes me really care about you"

"I wish I'd married you and not your best friend"

"I don't even remember the last time I thought of Kylie as one of my best friends"

"Who was the guy that she started dating that you liked? You know, when we were at school?"

"It doesn't matter"

"Come on, tell me"

"It's in the past"

"Is it someone I know?"

"You could say that"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know them, I guess"

"Calum? Michael? Ashton? I could end up naming the whole male half of our year"

"It's none of them"

"Then how did I know them? If we were in school still but it wasn't any of my friends or the rest of the boys in our year, I don't get who it could be"

"Luke, either think really fucking hard or drop it"

"Why does it matter so much? It was just a crush, we were in high school. High school crushes aren't shit"

"You married yours"

"And look how that turned out"

"Well we're here, aren't we?"

"Yeah, so?"

"For fucks sake. I can't believe you haven't figured it out"

"OK, OK. If it wasn't my friends or any of the other boys in our year, who else could it be?" He spoke more to himself than me.

"You missed out a vital person in our year, Luke"

"Who?"

"You"