Nine

"It'll be alright, Mads. Don't even think about him" Sydney said as we approached the apartment door. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. A minute later the door swung open and there stood Kylie. She hugged both of us and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Come in, most people are already here" We followed her into the large living room where everyone had gathered. I looked over to my right to see Luke stood with Lola clinging to him. I walked into the kitchen where Sydney and Kylie had gone and poured myself a drink.

"So, how's family life?" Sydney asked as we stood around the island.

"It's not all brilliant" Kylie replied. "Luke's never home, I look after Lola all the time" Lie. "When he does come home, it's late. He's probably cheating on me still" I swallowed as Sydney glanced over at me. "I love him so much. I would never think of cheating on him" Lies, you want a divorce.

"I'm sorry, Kylie. You don't deserve that" I kicked Sydney subtly.

"Let's go back into the living room" We nodded and followed her. Sydney and I took to a corner of the party while Kylie went to see her other guests.

"So, who's lying, her or Luke?"

"He seemed like he was telling the truth. He said she wanted a divorce and that she just dumps Lola at his mum's"

"God, I don't know who to believe. It's the guy who cheated and lied for years versus the girl we've known for years"

"When you put it like that you'd think he was lying but Kylie's a pretty good liar. She'll be the first to stab you in the back"

"He's coming over here, I'm out" Sydney said and I turned to see Luke walking towards me.

"Hi"

"What do you want, Luke?"

"Just to talk. I'm surprised you turned up"

"I couldn't not"

"True"

"Kylie thinks you're cheating on her still. She played herself off as innocent to us"

"You know what she's like better than anyone. She's a good liar"

"I know"

"I know you're doubting what I said to you but I promise you that her side of the story isn't true"

"And for some reason I believe you"

"Listen, I enjoyed the other night-"

"You cheated"

"I mean that part was pretty good too but it's not the part I meant. I liked talking to you. It's nice being able to talk to someone who actually understands"

"What are you trying to say?"

"That we should do it again some time"

"We'll see. But, if there is a next time, let's no let get drunk off our heads and have sex"

"No promises on that one" I rolled my eyes.

"Luke, look after Lola for once" Kylie said loudly as she gave Lola to Luke.

"In case you didn't notice, I was watching her earlier and all of when you weren't here last night" He said through gritted teeth. Kylie rolled her eyes before walking off.

"She went out last night?"

"Yeah. I came home to find my mum looking after Lola and no Kylie"

"Bitch" I said.