Five

"Miss Medina, a representative just called from Stock International, they've requested that you meet them at this address for lunch" I took the piece of paper from Anna and saw that it was the address of my favourite restaurant.

"Did they say what it's about?"

"They just said it was important, ma'am"

"OK, thank you"

****

"Miss Medina, it's good to see you again, it's been a while" Ben said as I walked over to the desk in the restaurant.

"It's good to see you too, I've been busy with work"

"Aren't you always? Such a workaholic. Have you made a reservation?"

"I'm meeting someone here. As far as I know a representative from Stock International"

"Ah yes, follow me" I did as he said and we went round to an unoccupied table nearer the back of the restaurant that was more closed off. "They're not quite here yet as you can see" I nodded and Ben left, walking back out to his desk position.

"So, this is your favourite restaurant then?" I lifted my head from looking at my phone and turned in my seat to see the one and only Luke Hemmings.

"I thought I was meeting someone else"

"Miss Medina, you and I know both knew well enough that I wasn't going to send some other idiot to meet you" He said once he'd sat down.

"So, what's this about?"

"Business. I just want to invest into your company that's all"

"All you want to do is build your empire and there is no way in hell that I'm going to let you become my business partner after I worked so damn hard to get this company to where it is now"

"And I get that but-"

"There are no buts, Luke"

"Fine. Let's at least stay and have lunch" I nodded, knowing this wasn't the end of Luke's proposition.

***

"I heard you're going to fashion week"

"We have done for the last four years"

"Maybe you don't need my help"

"Why do you have so much interest in my company?"

"I don't have a fashion company under my belt and sometimes all the corporate nonsense is too much. I just thought something more creative could be different"

"Why my company though?"

"Well, I haven't got much chance with the really big designers and we're friends-" I glared at him. "Acquaintances then. Also, I admire your work ethic and how you started your company. I was handed mine on a plate and I have respect for how you got yours"

"Um, thank you but I'm sticking with what I said. You're not going to become a business partner in my company"

"I knew it wasn't going to be easy to convince you"

"And you were right"

"Well, Miss Medina, as lovely as this has been I have to get back to the empire" He smirked as he said it.

"Well, thank you for lunch. I'm sorry to disappoint you on your offer" I smirked back.

"I'm done yet, Madison" He said as he kissed my hand before leaving.