Twelve

"This material is not the correct material for this garment" Ryan, the head of materials, said. The prototypes for every piece of the collection for fashion week had just come in. We had to check everything to make sure it's correct.

"We agreed that the dress would be chiffon from day one. If we change the material it won't have the same fit or look" Sydney said.

"What do you suggest we change it too?" I asked. There was no chance that this dress would work with this material.

"Polyester maybe. We can always overlay chiffon to create texture"

"That could work but Sydney is still right, it won't be exactly as we designed it"

"We'll try it"

"It's getting too close to the fashion show to try it and hope it works. It stays in the collection and we'll work on it but as for the fashion show, we'll replace it with another dress" They all nodded.

"Which dress?"

"One that's not in the collection. We still don't have the showstopper piece we need. Tamera, do you remember the dress that we designed last year with the leather and chiffon combination?" She nodded. "That's the dress"

"Real or fake leather?"

"Fake of course. Our target market isn't rich. We're a designer brand with high street prices. Plus, real leather isn't for everyone. Our image as a company is everything"

"Miss Medina" I turned to see another one of my assistants stood at the door.

"Yes?"

"There's someone here to see you"

"Tell them I'm busy" I said, turning back to the meeting.

"I'm glad you still have time for your friends" Kylie. I turned around, a fake smile on my face as I walked over to her and hugged her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to catch up, talk, you know"

"I'll just wrap up this meeting and meet you in reception?" She nodded and left the room.

"Enjoy your lunch" Sydney said once everyone had left. "Fill me in when you get back"

"Syd, help me. What do I say if she goes on about Luke? What if she knows that he stayed over with Lola? I can't do this"

"Maddie, it's going to be fine" She said before leaving my office. I grabbed my leather jacket and handbag before leaving the room myself. I took my phone out and opened up my messages and pulling up Luke's name.

From: me

Kylie's turned up at the office. Going out for lunch with her, just thought I'd let you know.

My phone beeped and I looked to see a reply from Luke.

From: Hemmings

Be careful what you say, she's not in a good mood. We argued for an hour last night. I said I want a divorce but she said no.

From: me

Luke, I trust you and I believe you but what's to say it was actually her who wants the divorce?

From: Hemmings

You said you trust and believe me so do that. I have every reason for wanting a divorce. You know she's a good liar. All she ever does is lie. Let me know how lunch goes.