Part 2 Of the yatori one-shot

~Yato~

Today was the day. The day I see Hiyori again. It's been 10 long years. I knew she forgot me, Father had let me see her once every year. She was never allowed to see me though.

Yukine had been bothering me, a lot. It's like he never got over Hiyori. I couldn't blame him though, I never did either.

I spent everyday begging Father to let me go. After all this time he finally said yes. I was so happy when he told me I could leave. It was like finally being free. I can't explain it. All I knew was that I'd see Hiyori again. That was all the hope I needed.

I started by going to her house. It looked like her parents still lived there. I went upstairs to her old rooms window. I didn't see her. The room was empty. There wasn't anything, just an empty room.

I decided to ask her parents where she lived now. They said she lived a couple streets away. I smiled and thanked them, knowing I would see my dear Hiyori again. I hoped she wasn't married. If she wasn't I would ask her to marry me.

I walked over to the street she lived on. The number 476 running through my head. My smile got even bigger when I saw 470. I sped up a bit, my excitement getting too high to be contained.

I stopped at her house. I felt something run down my cheek. I brought my hand up and sighed. I was crying, probably tears of joy. After all of this time I get to see her again. I walked up the small pathway. There was all kinds of flowers. There was even a Sakura tree. It's petals blowing in the summer air.

When I reached the door, I stopped. My hand was just about to knock. What if she hates me? I shook my head. No, she will be mad, but she wouldn't hate me. My thoughts were raging. If she hates me, I'll be all alone. I decided just to knock and get it over with. It's better to find out than to never know.

I hit my knuckle on the door. I stood, waiting. I heard a thud, then fast footsteps speed towards me. The door swung open, revealing Hiyori. She aged well. Dumbass she is only 26. I looked her in the eyes, they showed confusion. I walked up to her and hugged her. She gasped and just stood there.

"W-who are you?" She pushed me away. Her words stung, but I expected that. I was gone for so long, I couldn't blame her.

"It's me, Yato," Her eyes widened. She walked up to me with narrowed eyes.

"Ya...to?" Her words gave me hope. She would remember me soon. I knew it.

"I'm sorry for taking so long, but I'm back." I said.

Her eyes started tearing up. "You idiot!" She screamed. "Why did you leave?!" She walked closer to me and she started banging her fists against me chest. I knew I deserved it.

"I tired so hard not to forget, I visited Yukine every day!" She stopped hitting me, I took the chance and hugged her.

"Hiyori," She looked up. "I've been wanting to do this for a long, long time." I pulled the box holding the ring I bought 10 years ago. I backed up a few steps, then I went on one knee.

~Hiyori~

Oh my gosh, is he doing what I think he is doing? My face flushed red as he began speaking again.

"Hiyori, I know this is sudden, and I haven't seen you in years, but," he took a shaky breath and stared me in the eyes. "I love you, will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

I knew what I wanted. "Yes, yes! A thousand times yes!" He smiled brighter, and put the ring on my finger. He stood up, then kissed me.

***

Without this thing at the bottom, this chapter had 666 words. Ok then.

Anyway this is another part to that other yatori one shot thing I wrote. Hope you enjoyed.