Yatori One-shot

~Hiyori~

What was it about his eyes that made my heart flutter? What was it about his laugh that made my stomach flip? I had all of these questions, but no answers.

Everything was going fine with Yato and I. Laughs were everywhere. Not a care in the world. I'd visit him every day, just like I promised. We would always have something fun to do. Oh, how I miss those times. Oh, how I miss Yato.

***

It was just a normal sunny day. I woke up, and went straight to Yato. He always brightened my day, no matter how sad or angry I was. When I walked Inside Kofuku's shrine, I found that he wasn't there.

I thought that was strange. It didn't really faze me at the time, for I didn't know the truth behind it.

I spent the next few hours with Yukine. He seemed a little sad, angry even. I didn't mind though, I cheered him up in the end.

I waited all day for him. He never came. The next day? A no-show. The day after that? Nada.
After a week, I was beyond worried. I didn't know what to do.

What if I forgot about him? Thoughts like those constantly bounced through my head. I can't blame myself though, I already knew long ago that I liked him. I maybe even loved him. I couldn't be to sure.

I made sure every day, after then, to see Yukine and the rest of the gang. I didn't ever want to forget Yato again. I knew how much it hurt him the last time.

Months went by. Yato never came back, not even once. It was like he just disappeared of the earth. I was pained.

My memory of Yato was getting fuzzier and fuzzier by the day. I knew that soon, I would forget. I tried my hardest not to, I really did. It all was pointless because eventually, I forgot. I didn't even remember Yukine after a while. He was so heartbroken at first. After a while I think he gave up on me. I don't know, my memory is fuzzy. Even now, 10 years later, I have a faint memory of blue eyes, a bib, and a naked blade.

***

Ok then I just kinda wrote that just now. I had inspiration for this and i just wrote it. Since I liked this so much I might even continue. I don't know. Until next time!