ix. nightmare and noise

"i want you to color me blue.
anything it takes to make you stay."

RILEY ENDED up staying a few hours, the two just talking

RILEY ENDED up staying a few hours, the two just talking. About everything.

"I talked to Lucas," Riley started, not knowing how to really bring herself to say it."We came to an understanding."

Farkle looked up.

"Really? What was it?"

"We're just friends. It's Maya he likes. He always has. I had just denied it."

"I'm sorry, Riles."

"It's okay. It's all over now. I need to make amends with Maya now."

"You don't have to do that yet. After what happened."

"I know. I don't want to just yet, but I will. Eventually. Just..."

"What she said really crossed a line, right?"

Riley sighed,"Really, though."

Farkle put his hand on hers. It felt...
nice. No, 'nice' wasn't the right word. It felt... like it was supposed to be there. Riley looked into his blue eyes. Looking into his eyes was like looking into an endless ocean. Riley loved that. She always had.

"You don't have to forgive her just yet. What she said was really out of line."

She gave him a small smile in thanks.

"I think I'll be going. Text me if you need me, okay?" Riley said.

"Okay."

***

When Riley walked into the Matthews' apartment, she saw both her parents at the table. Topanga smiled at her daughter.

"Hi, Honey."

"Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad."

Riley walked up to her room, threw her phone on her bed, and sat on her bay window. She laid her head one one of the pillows. She sighed. Well, life's just great.

***

A few days later, Riley found herself in the same position, laying on the bay window. She hadn't spoken to any of her friends, not even Farkle. Riley rolled over to her back, and shut her eyes, the usual thoughts flooding her mind. Then, finally, sleep claimed her.

Maya's was out on the bay window, but she didn't look like Maya. Her blonde hair was tangled and messy. The light looked like it had been drained from her blue eyes, and they were surround by dark circles. Her clothes went every-which-way.

Riley wanted to speak up, but it felt like something was restricting her wind pipe. She tried to move her limbs to open up the bay window, but, like her mouth, they failed her.

"You're the reason, Riles. You're the reason I can't be with Lucas," Maya said, facial expression not changing.

Riley wanted to speak.

"You're the reason I'm not happy."

Riley had never wanted to say anything more in her life. She watched in horror as Maya pulled a silver knife from behind her. As she brought it towards her throat, Riley felt her oxygen shorten. As crimson slipped down Maya's front, Riley wanted to run. Stop her best friend. But when Maya's knife reached the end of her throat, her body went limp and fell off the back of the bay window.

And then came a loud bang.

Riley was jolted awake by a noise she couldn't place. Her entire body was shaking. She didn't know if it was from the noise or the dream. Riley cover her face in her hands. Oh god the dream... Riley sat in her bay window, trying to stop herself from shaking. She didn't know how long she sat there, but it felt like an eternity.

She heard the phone ring, making her look up. Out of curiosity, she stood and went into the living room where she saw her father holding the phone, visibly paled. Riley looked at him in confusion.

"Yes, thank you, Katy. We'll be there was soon as we can," Cory said, then ended the call.

Katy? Why would Katy call us? Unless...

"Who was it, Dad?" Riley asked, her heartbeat growing faster with every passing second.

"It's about Maya."
***
A/N: Sorry if this is crappy! I'm writing on 0% of ideas, but I felt like you guys deserved an update.
Do the usual. Love you all 💓
And, if I published The Girl That Time Forgot would anyone read it? I'm thinking about publishing it tonight.