vii. news

"i guess somethings
do change."

"WHAT?" LUCAS was the first to speak

Farkle's mouth dropped slightly. He didn't think... He truly didn't think that Riley would.. Riley locking the bay window showed how serious she was

Farkle hopped to his feet, followed by Lucas. He had an idea. And it may almost work.

"Follow me," Farkle said, then took off for the bay window.

***

"Farkle, would you tell us what we're doing?" Maya hissed as the three of them crouched on Riley's fire escape, still out of view from her bay window.

"Stay here. Don't come out until I say. Got it?" Farkle asked, looking behind at Maya and Lucas.

"Tell me again why we can't just do this ourselves?" Lucas asked.

"Because Riley locked the bay window for a reason, and she's be most likely to open it up for me," Farkle explained, slightly annoyed.

Farkle crouched over to her window. He could see into Riley's room. She was sitting on her bed, scribbling into a notebook. He tapped on her window, and watched her head snap up in his direction. Immediately, she rushed over and unlocked the bay window and slid it up.

"Farkle, wh-what are you doing here?" Riley almost gasped, looking at him in bewilderment.

"Because they have something to say to you — at least one of them does," Farkle answered as Riley gestured for him to come in.

Farkle obliged, stepping out of the way for Lucas and Maya, at least for when they were to come in. Riley looked at Farkle confusion. Her brows were knit together.

"Farkle, what do you mean?" Riley asked, still by the bay window.

"I think you two can come in now," Farkle said loudly, ignoring Riley's question.

With Farkle's say-so, the two blondes popped their heads into the room, much to Riley's dismay. Riley stood, facing two of her best friends. Farkle held his breath as he watched Riley's fists clenched.

"Lucas. Maya—," Riley began.

"I go back on what I said," Maya blurted out.

"What?" Riley asked, as if she didn't believe her own ears.

"I go back on what I said, Riles. I'm scared that if go any longer, I'll end up losing you in the long run," Maya said.

"I don't, Maya. I need to figure things out. You do, too. And it's hardly been a day. How can you lose me in a day?"

"You have no idea how possible it is, Riley."