Weak and Pathetic (Nineteen)

“Are you sure you don’t mind watching him?” Krey asked me for the tenth time the next morning.

                I sighed deeply and leaned again the kitchen counter, “I’m positive. I’d like to get to know him anyway.”

                Krey sipped her blood as I sipped mine, human blood…not a big fan of it. However, Vincent and Krey were going to town to take care of a few things. I assumed it had something to do with the ritual for Gren. I could have gone, I guess. But with so many enemies it wasn’t a good idea.

                “We won’t be gone long, Krey. No more than five hours,” Vincent laughed as he walked into the kitchen. He wore black dress pants and a white button-up shirt. He looked gorgeous. I wanted nothing more than to take him to our room and take advantage of him.

                I looked to Krey, she wore a black dress. “I don’t know if this is a good idea,” she thought aloud.

                “You need to get out,” I told her, smiling, “I promise I’ll take very good care of him.”

                She looked up at me as Vincent spoke again, “We need to go now.”

                He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. His lips collided with mine as he kissed me sweetly. I definitely wanted him now. He smiled, knowing. “I’ll be back soon. I love you,” Vincent spoke before dragging Krey out.

                I sighed again, sipping the blood. I suppose I should check on Daeman. As I walked up the stairs, holding the glass of blood, I thought I was going to pass out.

                “Your majesty, you don’t look well, shall I prepare a bath or call the doctor?” a slave walking down the stairs asked me. She had red hair and bright amber eyes.

                I shook my head, “No, I’m going to the infirmary anyway. I’ll be fine, but thank you.”

                She bowed to me and walked off.

                “Well you look like hell,” Daeman comments as I entered the room. He was sitting up and eating steak. I laughed as I sat down in the seat beside him.

                “I feel like it too,” I answered as I took another sip.

                He took a bite, chewed, and then spoke, “I take it that’s not Vincent’s blood?”

                I shook my head, “No, he and Krey went to town to take care of a few things. I was thirsty, but didn’t want to bother him.”

                He nodded and pushed the tray away from him, “Yeah Krey told me they were leaving.”

                I smiled at how much they loved each other, “I thought she might.” I looked to Daeman. In his eyes was so much sorrow I couldn’t stand to stare at him anymore. My head turned away as I spoke, “My condolences.”

                “Thank you,” he nodded as I stole a glance. Tears were forming in his eyes, “I can’t believe it.”

                I felt tears form in my eyes, too, but letting them drop now might upset him more. “I know, I’m so sorry,” my voice came out as a whisper.

                “How could someone do that to such an amazing woman? I mean to rape someone so many times and so violently that it kills an innocent child? How?” he was crying full-on now, “My child and my love.” His hands were cradling his head.

                I let the tears fall freely now and waited for him to finish. I was sure he needed this.

                His head lifted again, “I shouldn’t have passed out. I should have stayed awake,” he sobbed, more to himself than me.

                “I thought you died?” I gasped.                

                He laughed without humor, “No, I was alive. I was weak and pathetic.”

                I didn’t answer for a moment as I tried to comprehend was he was saying, “H-how?” I stuttered.

                “They buried me alive,” he spat, “They buried me while they killed my child.”

                I didn’t understand, “How could you survive so long without blood?”

                He shook his head as he sipped blood, “I fed from myself for a long time.”

                “With the same amount of blood in your system how could you change anything? I mean if you didn’t have enough power to blink before, how could you now?” I was so utterly confused.

                “A man was digging around. He found my coffin and opened it. I fed from him and tried to go to Krey. My mind went, but not my body. I was still too weak. So, I fed more. When I was strong enough I came here,” he held his head down. I was positive that he blamed himself for their child’s death.

                I wasn’t sure what to say. So, I didn’t say anything.

                It was silent for a few moments.

                A loud noise made me jump nearly out of my seat. I heard glass shatter. Daeman was sitting up straight. The table that he had been eating off of was now hanging out of the window on the other side of the room. Cold winds blew in form it. Daeman was crying again.

                A minute passed and his breathing slowed. He sat back and exhaled, “I’m sorry about that. I’ll fix it.”

                “No, don’t worry about it. I’m just going to go and get a coat,” I told him as I left the room.

                When I opened the door Vincent and Krey stood there.

                “Wow, you guys are back early,” I smiled and hugged Vincent, though I was still shaking.

                Krey simply nodded and ran into the room to sit next to Daeman again.

                “Can we go to our room?” I asked Vincent. He smiled and took my hand. We walked down the hall to our room.

                When we got there I settled into the bed, getting warm. “What’s wrong, love?” Vincent asked as he cuddled in next to me.

                I felt him pull me closer to him. “Daeman never died,” I told him simply.

                He inhaled sharply, “What?”

                “They buried him alive. He fed from himself like Krey did. When someone opened his coffin he fed from him, along with more people. Then he came here. When we were in the infirmary he through a table through the window, so it needs fixed,” I said quickly, hoping for some blood soon.

                He didn’t reply, but he pushed my head to his neck. I breathed in his scent before kissing him. His arms tangled around me, pulling me closer to him. I moaned softly as our bodies touched. He pulled his shirt off while I pulled my dress over my head. I kissed his neck again while he took off his pants gracefully. Vincent pressed his lower half against mine as I took off my bra. His hands roamed my body before ripping off my laced panties.

                His hand found my warmth as I moaned into his neck and pulled at his boxers. He laughed breathlessly, but pulled them off. Vincent pushed me onto my back. He got on top of me. My fangs plunged into his neck as he plunged into me.