It's A... (Eight)

“What?” I asked him, not trusting my hearing.

                “Yes, I knew your birth mother.”

                “How?” I was astonished.

                “She was a seer. I went to her on many occasions. She helped me through a lot of things.” His eyes were kind as he remember my mother.

                “Like what?”

                “When my mother first got sick, she told me things would work out. And when my father disappeared, she assured me that I’d see him again. She also indirectly told me I would fall in love with you,” he smiled and moved my hair from my face.

                “How?” I was proud of my mother.

                “She told me that one day I would find someone beautiful. I would be in love with her, but I would deny it whole-heartedly. I would hurt her because of this love. Eventually we would be okay together, because my love she returned. Ever since that day I’d been looking for her, and when I found you I thought nothing of it. Though I knew you reminded me of someone I knew a bit ago. After a while of talking to you and seeing you more, I remembered, but I didn’t dare ask. I knew her fate; I knew your fate. Or so I had thought. Then you told me the story of your twin and being taken away; I knew it was you. My little Lucia so beautiful and smart,” he ruffled my hair.

                “So when you realized I was her daughter what did you do?” I asked, wanting the full story.

                “I thought for a long while about it. Did you have the power to see? I didn’t think so. But you do have the power,” he told me.

                “No I don’t,” I laughed nervously.

                “You do, love. You would not have seen that memory if you did not have the power. You were much too little to see or remember that.”

                “So we were meant to be together?” I smiled at him.

                “Always.”

                “Andy forever.” I finished.

                “Yes forever,” he laughed, “are you angry with me?”

                “Why would I be angry with you?”

                “I didn’t tell you that I knew your mother until you asked,” he explained wearily.

                “Of course I’m not upset. I’m glad you told me, really glad actually,” I kissed his lips gently.

                “I sort of want to tell you something else, but maybe you don’t want to know,” he looked nervous.

                “Did you cheat on me?” he had been gone an awful lot lately…

                “What? No of course not! It’s about the baby.” My hand instinctively went to my stomach.

                “Is it okay?” I could feel tears coming.

                “Yes, of course. You’re a couple of months pregnant now, and remember how I told you vampire pregnancies are different than human ones?” I nodded yes, “Well I know the sex of the baby due to the brain waves. I don’t know if you want to know or not?” he gave me a questioning look.

                “Yes I want to know!” I practically screamed. This was so exciting.

                “Are you positive?” I nodded, “What do you want to have?”

                I thought about it for a minute, “Well how many children are we going to have?”

                “As many as you’d like.”

                “Then I want a boy,” I decided.

                “Good,” he smiled.

                “It’s a boy!?” I screamed.

                “Yes.” I pulled him into a tight hug as I squealed.

                “I’m so excited! Aren’t you?” he laughed and kissed me passionately.

                “Yes, I wanted a boy,” I could tell this was true

                “What are we going to name him?” I thought over male names quickly.

                “You pick, love, I’m just happy to have you three,” He meant Sarah, no doubt, our adoptive daughter.

                “Don’t forget Cleo.”

                “How could I ever,” he dramatically rolled his eyes.

                I heard someone clear their throat. Ben was still in the room, looking very awkward, “It’s done. Good luck to you both, I’ll just show my way out then.” He walked quickly out of the room.

                “Awkward,” I laughed and soon enough Vincent joined in.

                “I love you Mrs. Hail.”

                “I love you Mr. Hail.”

                We kissed again, gently. He picked me up, never once breaking the kiss, as he started to walk us to our room. When we got there he laid me on the bed and made love to me as gently as the second time, but with as much passion as the first.