Watching a Lover Die (Fifteen)

Lucia:

                I woke up with Vincent’s arms draped around me. I smiled as I sat up a bit. As I stretched I turned to look at him. He was awake.

                “Good morning,” I said with a yawn. He sat up too and held me close.

                “Good morning, my love,” he said as he kissed me on the lips. “Are you thirsty?” he asked.

                I thought about it for a minute and decided that I had room for a snack, which meant the baby could use the blood. “Yes a bit,” I told him.

                “Here,” he said pushing my mouth to his neck. When he let go I moved my head away from his neck and bit my bottom lip, but not enough to draw blood. “What are you doing?” he asked, creasing his black brows.

                “I just wanted another kiss or two,” I told him, smiling a bit. He smiled back.

                I moved so I was straddling his waist. He moved his arms to my waist with a sexy smirk on his face. My hands were on his shoulders as I pulled our bodies closer. I brushed my lips against his softly. I moved my hands up to cup his face as his cupped my breasts. I moaned quietly into the kiss as our tongues met. I pushed closer to him and deepened the kiss. He moaned when I pushed against his body. I broke the kiss to bring my lips to his neck. I lightly kissed it until I found his vein. I sucked the skin there gently before putting my fangs in.

                I took them out to catch the blood in my mouth. I sucked harder on his neck and he moaned louder. I could feel myself getting aroused as I licked his neck clean. I felt him put his hand up my night dress as the door opened.

                “Oh shit. I’m sorry,” Krey said, covering her eyes and turning around.

                I quickly got off of Vincent and ran to stop her. “No Krey, it’s fine. I was eating or uh drinking. Come in,” I told her. She followed me back in where Vincent had put on a shirt and sweat pants.

                “What’s up, Krey?” Vincent asked her as I crawled back into his arms. Krey sat on the edge of the bed.

                “I just wanted to see what you guys were doing,” she said, unsure of herself, “but I guess I already know.” Her face was red.

                “Krey I wanted to talk to you about a few things, do you want to talk?” Vincent asked. I hoped if he was talking about what happened last night she wouldn’t be angry with me for telling him. I looked to her face and saw that she was very uncertain but nodded anyway.

                “What is it?” she asked, not looking at Vincent.

                I had already noticed that she was extremely tough. I was sure she could easily win a fight. Krey had something about her. She was not afraid to kill, but she was also nice when she wanted to be. I knew that she wanted to be nice, but she was afraid. Krey was a beautiful woman, but she was so very unstable. I hoped that Vincent was wrong about her never being okay. I wanted her to be okay. I hadn’t known her for long, but I already cared for her like a sister.

                “Did anything happen last night? You’d tell me if something did, right?” he asked her. I looked to her face and saw the inner battle.

                “Yes,” she finally spoke, tears forming in her eyes.

                “Krey, you know you can tell me anything,” Vincent said in a brotherly tone.

                “I saw Daeman,” she whispered, crying more.

                “You did? Where?” Vincent looked shocked that she admitted it.

                “I saw him in my new room. He was standing there. He told me about his life. His scars are still there,” she had started a full-on cry.      

                “What scars?” Vincent asked.

                “The ones the men gave him before they killed him,” she cried, falling to her knees. I don’t know what made me do it, but I got up and kneeled besides her, holding her. She put her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around me as she cried harder. Vincent came over too and rubbed her back in a non-sexual manner.

                “Krey, what  scars?” I’m not sure if Vincent asked again because he thought it would be good for her to say it or because he really wanted to know.

                “They whipped him and he was bleeding everywhere! And then they burned him so badly. And the cuts they made—” she shuddered, remembering.

                “Did they make you watch?” Vincent asked, his voice breaking now. I could tell that he and Daeman used to be close.

                “Y-yes, and they made him watch to-too,” her breathing was out of control. If she were human, I was certain her lungs would collapse.

                “They made him watch what?” I could tell by the look on Vincent’s face he already knew, but he had to hear it. I didn’t have a clue as to what it was though.

                “Them k-ill our baby.”

                “How did they do that?” Vincent asked, fear evident on his face.

                “They ra-ped me again and again before they k-illed him,” she whispered, but we could still hear her.

                Tears rolled down my face more now. I couldn’t imagine someone I didn’t love doing that to me. I know that Vincent had done it, but I loved him, he loved me. I knew he would never kill our child. But that didn’t make me feel better. I felt pain for Krey and for Daeman. I have had my fair share of torture and could only imagine what he went through during his last moments. To watch the one you love be raped? I couldn’t imagine. And knowing that while you were being raped your child was dying would be something I wouldn’t be able to deal with.

                I took my left hand from around Krey and placed it on our son, silently promising him that no harm would ever come to him.