Vincent's Memory (Fourteen)

Vincent:

                Lucia was asleep in my arms. I loved the way her head felt against my chest. She fit perfectly into my arms. I looked down to her. Lucia’s black hair was perfectly laid out on the pillow and my arm. She was perspiring a bit so I moved the silk sheets away from her smooth body. She was wearing a plum-colored purple night dress. It too was silk. The top and bottom were laced with a coal black. It was a wonderful contrast against her creamy flesh. I moved my eyes down to her stomach. There was a slight bulge there where our baby was slowly growing. I could hear his faint heartbeat. It sounded like butterfly wings. I smiled to myself as I lifted the dress up so I could see our child. I touched her soft skin, feeling our child through her skin. He wasn’t developed enough to kick and move, but that didn’t matter to me. Just having my hand near him made me feel like a father. I kept my hand there but glanced back to Lucia.

                I don’t know how I could have ever hurt her. I remember most of the things I had done to her. I’m not sure which is worse: raping her or sending her to Charles. I wonder what she would say. I remember raping her that day. I remember how I felt.

-Flashback-

                “Vincent?” I heard the nervousness in her voice coming from behind me. I turned around and it registered that she was in fact here. I had told her to stay with Sarah. I glanced down at the blood dripping from my body onto the sidewalk before looking at her.

                “Lucia dear, I told you to stay inside,” I said in a sweet voice. I narrowed my eyes at her before I spoke again in a deadly tone, “You disobeyed me.”

                I watched as she registered what I said. Fear spread across her face like I knew it would. I wasn’t going to hurt her, only scare her. If I scared her enough she would never disobey me again and I could keep her forever.

                She thought not a second longer before she took off running in the garden. I walked slowly after her, knowing I could easily catch her. She turned her head to glance at me as she ran into the door: hard. She fell backwards, passed out. I was angry with her as I grabbed her and blinked us to my room. I threw her on the bed and sat on the edge of it by her feet. She looked beautiful as she slept. But that beauty made me realize that just scaring her would never be enough to make her stay. I needed to hurt her a bit first. And then she would stay.

                I sat there already knowing what I was going to do as I waited. I heard her move. I turned my head and looked into those pretty blue eyes. She was holding her head and shoulders up with her elbows, the rest of her body still resting.  

                I was angry now as I spoke, “I told you to stay in here.” My voice was low and menacing, exactly what she needed to hear right now.

                “I’m sor…” she began, but I didn’t let her finish.

                “Shut up,” I interrupted her, scooting closer to her so I could grab her if she tried anything. “You’re going to be punished for disobeying me. You’re going to be punished so severely that you’ll never even think about doing it again.” So severely that you’ll never leave me, I left unspoken.

                “Vincent, I…” She started. I brought my hand to her velvet skin: hard. Too hard for my taste, but I didn’t let it show as she fell off the bed. I knew that her face hurt from the tears falling down her face, but I had to teach her a lesson. I had to make her stay with me.

                “You’re pathetic. Crying over a fucking slap in the face. Just wait until later. I’ll be surprised if you aren’t screaming your head fucking off,” I felt bad already for hurting her and using harsh words, but I could not lose her. “You call me Master, do you understand that, slaver?” She nodded. That wasn’t good enough. I blinked in front of her. I slapped her again, not as hard. “Use your words, litter girl,” I ordered her.