Petrified

Petrified

Percy's P.O.V

Just keep going, I kept telling myself just keep going. Let me explain, we had been in the forest of fears for 25 hours, over a day, I really can't shake the feeling that I've been here before. Anyway it's a little more scary than we thought it would be.

Now we've all been in scary situations before but this is by far the scariest. Everywhere you turn there's another trap, it's kind of annoying. According to Chiron there are some places where there won't really be any fears, in fact there are places where we have to follow clues like a scavenger hunt. Those places will have signs for us to know.

So we were just running along when Angelina called us over. We ran over and looked at the piece of paper on the tree. It read:

To find your next clue,

Your loyalty to others must be true

You have fought monsters, gods and more

You have seen many at death's door

The next thing you must do

Find the clearing where the _ was slew.

That's why I felt like I've been here before! By the looks of it Angelina was thinking the same thing. We all started running trying to find this place.

"Hey, I think it's there", Nico said to us after about 5 minutes.

"How do you know?" Thalia asked him.

"I can sense it"

We all headed that way.

Angelina's P.O.V

I ran into the clearing ahead my friends and heard a hiss. I turned and saw a snake staring at me. Slowly another slithered up. And another, and another. Soon the clearing was filled with snakes. But that wasn't the worst part.

The scariest one, the only venomous one, was literally 1cm away from my face.

I tried to move, to run away.

But I couldn't move.

I was frozen-frozen in fear.

In other words I was...

~Petrified~