Chapter 9 (Hunger Game)

I'm not really feeling the title of this particular chapter so if any of you have one in mind please do let me know =D Please comment and vote I love every kind of feedback! =D

 Oh and I made a trailer..it's on the side would love to know what you think of it! 

Chapter 9 (Hunger Game)

Nathan sat in the far corner of the room resting his leg over a perched stool. He raked fingers through his hair multiple times before he spoke into the phone. He lounged frustrated. The Cruders had started to burn down the small business's that were named after the Balfours. This was only a start for them. It was a foreshadow of the riots that would take place in the future. He planned out the perfect war for them even if it was unintentional; he helped. If they didn't do something fast London would burn down to the core and everything would be on him and no matter how many times he told himself Candice wasn't to blame, she would still be pointed at. She wouldn't be able to take petulant cold looks. He had begged Brad to think of something quick before they all ended up six feet under.

"I already informed my crew and Eliot is trying to find loop holes in the contract as we speak" Brad said failing to reassure him. Nathan groaned with sleep and yawned as Brad ranted on how they had stay hidden. 

"Wait-" Nathan stopped him realizing something. "Elliot is looking through the contract for loop holes?" he asked bewildered his younger brother could do any thing but fight. Granted he was intelligent and had a great eye for business but Nathan couldn't imagine Elliot rambunctious self sitting underneath the dim light in his office going through hundreds of pages. 

"He did go to law school" Brad informed. 

"For one semester. Why can't dad do it?" he asked tapping his finger against the glass of water. 

"Dad wants nothing to do with this. He made it pretty clear and frankly I don't think we need his pessimist self" Brad said and Nathan could almost hear a smile.

"I should have known. Just try to hurry. I don't think I can stay sane for much longer" he confessed glad that Agatha took Candice down stairs to see if any of the vintage dresses fit her. 

"What happened?" Brad asked hearing the worried tone in Nathan'a voice. It had stopped raining but the sky was still gray and the mist wouldn't settle down. He gazed out the window remembering the conversation Candice and him had. 

"I screwed up" that's all he had to say and Brad laughed from the other side of the phone. 

"I've been waiting a long time for you to say that. Just go and apologize" he commented without questioning him any further. 

"Wait what do you mean you were waiting?" he asked curiously. Brad cleared his throat and sighed knowing Nathan wouldn't back down until he for an answer.

"Let's face it you haven't been yourself since the accident" And with that memories came flooding back. 

A pitch black night; and blood. He closed his eyes resting his head against the cool wall. 

"You of all people should be glad." he answered

"Me of all people hate that you're turning into the one person you despised most- Dad" Brad said and Nathan slowly exhaled. Wasn't he aiming to be just like his father?Then why did it stung him when Brad pointed it out? He hasn't forgotten the long hours his mother waited up opening the front door to see if her husband was back.

"I rather be tossed and broke before I let you turn into Dad." Brad added. Nathan grinned at the authority Brad's voice held. If it was up to him Brad should have been the eldest. The only sober one in the three. Never a scandal, nor drunk nights or speeding. He was a man of the law and he never dared to break it. He admired him and sometimes wished he could be more sober like Brad. As if hearing thoughts Brad said -