Chapter 4 (Undesired Attention)

Hey guys! I'm looking forward to publishing this and I hope you find it enjoyable and vote and give me some feedback! Thank you very much I appreciate you reading this! =D

Chapter  4

Her mother told her once life started to go down hill it was the only way it would go. Candice searched her mind for a possible explanation as to why this was happening to her. In only a couple of months she was going to be free of manual labor, free of degrading catering jobs and finally come on top with her very own restaurant. It was a picture perfect plan and fortunately for Candice it was coming true. At least it was four hours ago. 

Candice could feel a strong dislike towards Nathan and his calm expression. He seemed as if nothing happened. He had already erased the past and doesn’t remember; aside from the red haired cook that was sitting besides him as a reminder. Candice crossed her arms across her chest and looked out the window. The cool air inside the car fogged the up the tinted windows making it even harder to see. 

Her lungs were too full to inhale and her heart was too heavy to hold. She wanted to cry, to scream and use her hands any way possible; but she felt constricted in the evasive limo. 

“You’re upset.” Nathan said. Candice swallowed down the anger and looked up at him. He looked composed, calm as if he just stepped out of a warm shower on a cool breezy day. Candice couldn’t tell if she was upset, awed or furious at how put together Nathan looked at a time like this. Why wasn’t he falling apart like her?

“I’m not upset.” she said rethinking and decided she wasn’t upset. She was worried. “I’m worried. Anthony he’s not put up to fend for himself.” Candice said fidgeting. She couldn’t keep still when she knew Anthony was back there fighting for his life. There could be blood, what if he was bleeding and Brad didn’t notice. She knew Anthony was too much of a man to complain about anything but food. She felt a short tug inside her chest as if her heart was splitting in two. Anthony was all alone. Father left, then mother died and as of now Candice felt as if she wasn’t going to survive either. She had never been apart from Anthony. She couldn’t let death come in the way. She could die and she hasn’t even seen him get married yet, or have children. She was leaving him just like her parents but this time it’s worse. Candice didn’t want to think about it but it was the sad reality; she wasn’t leaving him to fend for himself , she was leaving him in danger. Candice gasped as it occurred to her. If they couldn’t get to her they would get to Anthony. Suddenly the air became too think to breathe in and she could feel her lungs closing in. She grasped her throat but she just couldn’t breath. 

“Candice? Candice! Calm down.!” Nathan told her. Candice couldn’t hear him over her rapid heart beat.

“He’s going to die.” Candice gasped. Nathan cupped her neck softly and brought it down between her knees.

“Just breathe. Take it easy, now take in a deep breath and let it out. Candice no one is going to die. I promise. No one is going to die.” Nathan whispered against her ears. She listened and took in deep breathes. 

“Good, now slowly lift your head and look at me.” Nathan said. Candice followed orders. Although the pounding against her ears had gone; her heart beat was still beating faster than light. 

“They’re going to kill Anthony.” Candice said helplessly. Nathan looked down at his hands as he pushed back a loose strand from her face. He shouldn’t be this close. Not when this was the exact reason they were in this mess.

“They’re not going to kill him. Brad and his friend already have him flown out to a secure location. No one will harm him. Brad is looking out for him okay?” He said before kissing her forehead. She closed her eyes letting the feeling of complete enchantment take over her worries. His clothes smelled of fresh citrus and warm wood. Candice quickly distance herself from his warm aura before her rational thinking was taken over by sexual mist.