Chapter 25 (Final Breath)

"Why are you after us? It was just a kiss!" Candice asked looking up at a very angry Aiden. He sat on the stool in front of her. He had tied her hands behind her back and her legs were tightly secured by the chair. She didn't bother fidgeting. There was no point in running right now. Aiden was big enough to block her way and he had been watching her like a hawk.

"You think it's about just a kiss?" he chuckled.

"Then what is it about?" she asked looking towards the door. Someone had knocked on it a few times and when no one answered they had left. There was no noise on the other side. Candice was somewhat relieved Anthony hadn't come through and still a bit scared.

"The title they hold in this world-it's supposed to be mine. They not only took our wealth but they humiliate us whenever they get the chance. I was just waiting for just one more slip up. I am so glad it was Nathan." he grinned making Candice bloods curdle.

"It's sad you got caught in this little mess sweet heart." Candice turned her head away from his and tried to think of a way to escape.

"What do you want?" she asked looking at her feet.

"Everything." He said opening the top button of his shirt. Candice looked up directly at his stricken face. He was in pain, pain so evil he has lost who he was. Candice felt the desire to comfort him but then she realized he had probably lost so much of himself. No one can be this bad from the very beginning. It was his choice to lose himself to the darkness and Candice was no the person who could help him.

"Will you be happy when you get everything?" she asked. He didn't say anything, just got up from his seat and left the room. Candice looked around the room looking for something she could use. Aiden was in the other room speaking into the phone. All she heard was mumbles and a cuss or two. Candice closed her eyes trying to calm her nerves. Her hands were shaking so she took several deep breathes and around the sixth time she exhaled the front opened. Candice, looked over her shoulder unable to see who it was.

"Candice" Nathan called out running up to her. Candice looked up into his eyes. She couldn't remember the last time she was that happy to see someone. Nathan quickly freed her hands and feet. Nathan grabbed her into his arms standing her up staring at her. They were both silent. Candice sighed slowly resting her hands over his chest. She didn't know what else to do or say. She thought she would never see him again but there he was standing in front of her with those brown eyes not saying anything either. Nathan opened his mouth to see something but Candice grabbed his face pulling his lips to hers and kissed him as hard as she could.

"Candice I-I'm..." Nathan began but she cut him off.

"Where is Aiden?" she asked remembering he was just in the other room talking.

"Shh. I need to get you out of here first. Elliot and Brad are downstairs waiting for us" he whispered.

"We can't keep running. How long do we have to keep running?" Candice asked.

"It'll all end soon Candice I promise" Nathan took her hand and slowly started to move towards the door, but before they could open the door Nathan fell to the ground. Candice turned around looking into a face of a gun. Nathan groaned in pain on the floor. Aiden smirked looking at Nathan laying on the floor grabbing his leg. The blood started to spill out.

"What is wrong with you!?" Candice yelled. Aiden watched her carefully the gun still pointing at her. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT!? YOU SHOT HIM. YOU FUCKING SHOT HIM AIDEN. " Candice bent down next to Nathan looking over his wound. It was a flesh wound. Nathan would live but her blood was boiling, she couldn't take the running, the fear. She was tired of being afraid.

"Are you happy now Aiden? Why did you even shoot his leg, I mean you clearly didn't kill him. He won't die. Should've shot him right in the head. Like this" she grabbed his gun pulling it right over her head.

"Candice don't" Nathan grabbed a hold of himself and stood up. Aiden didn't speak.

"Maybe I will shoot Candice, don't tempt me." Aiden warned but Candice was done. She couldn't keep anyone safe as long as she lived.

"Then do it. If shooting me, killing me is going to save my families then do it Aiden. I'm not going to run anymore. Do your god damn worst." Candice hissed. Nathan grabbed Candice's shoulders pulling her into him.

"Candice what are you doing?"

"I'm fighting back". She said not moving her eyes away from Aiden.

"Candice you don't need to, we have Camilla." He said.

"What?!" he growled.

"Doesn't feel too good does it?' Nathan smiled halfway cringing.

"Where is she? Where is my sister?" Aiden asked tightening his grip around the gun.

"Must be excited, becoming an uncle and all. Yes Aiden I know she's pregnant. We might've kissed Aiden-but your sister well your sister is a-" Aiden knocked Natha over the head with the bud of his gun.

"Shut UP!" He swung the gun towards Candice. "Tell me where she is or your little slut gets it."

"No I won't" Candice said. "Turn around" she grinned. Aiden turned and Elliot's fist rammed into Aiden face. Candice cringed hearing the bones crunching underneath the pressure. Brad came running \with four other men behind him.

"Damn it Elliot, I told you not to-" Brad stopped talking and turned to his men. "Take him in." he said to the officers. Candice leaned over towards Nathan and smiled. "You're going to be okay." Candice said "Anthony?"

"He's fine so is Laurin." Elliot informed.

"Candice- you smell like cookies, all the times, you have this amaing curly hair, so wild and sexy." She laughed.

"Nathan please-"

"No wait let me finish." He grinned leaning back on the wall. "You have been running across the country with me, and not once you've complained. We've known each other for what? weeks? Candice Heart I've seen you cuss like a sailor just moments ago and I love you. I love you so very much, and I was an idiot not to have said this before." Candice grabbed his face for the second time that day and kissed him and he laughed against her mouth.

"You are an idiot." Candice said.

�\�'>