Part 20

Another filler chappy guys, sorry! xxx

“I’m winning?” I said in amazement. It was the morning after the second task and I’d woken to find Dad sleeping in the chair beside my bed; when he woke up he informed me that I’d slept for almost an entire day and that I was way ahead in the tournament.

“Well don’t sound so surprised!” Dad mused. “You’re very bright.”

I blinked at him and frowned as I edged away from him and said “who are you and what have you done with Severus Snape?”

“You’re so hilarious” he replied with his face as blank as an unused piece of paper “please remind me to advise you to not quit your day job.”

“There he is!” I cheered before sticking my tongue out at him.

Half an hour later Harry, Ron, Hermione and Fred turned up and dad took that as his opportunity to leave. “So?” Fred asked as he joined me on the bed “what was it like?”

“Unnaturally easy” I replied before looking at Harry “I have no idea what it was like for you but the only thing I struggled with was cutting Fred free.”

“I had an incident with Grindylows” Harry shrugged “but Fleur pulled out; not sure what happened but I ended up saving her sister.”

I laughed at his idiocy “you do realise that no harm would have come to them, right?”

He blushed a little as he mumbled “I’ve been told that multiple times, yes.”

“So, what happened to you guys?” I asked Hermione, Ron and Fred as I shook my head in amusement.

“Well, McGonagall took us up to Dumbledore’s office” Hermione replied “where Cho and Fleur’s sister were already waiting. He explained that we were the stolen items that you guys were supposed to get back and he was going to put us into a magically induced sleep; he promised that no harm would come to us and that we’d wake up as soon as we resurfaced.” She looked at Ron and Fred “that’s about it really. I don’t remember anything else.”

“I don’t either” Fred commented. “We were taken down to the lake and that’s all I remember; all goes blank until my head was out of the water.”

“Was pretty awesome though” grinned Ron “being part of the second task.”

“Even if you were asleep through most of it” Harry replied, with an even wider grin, which made Ron’s ears turn red.

“So what happened to you?” Fred asked “you looked worse than death when we got back onto dry land!”

“Extreme exhaustion apparently” I sighed. “The potion I took only allowed me to breathe underwater; I wasn’t protected from the cold and it was freezing!”

Hermione nodded “yeah, I’ve actually never seen your dad so worried before.”