Part 4

There was a little hassle getting into our camp ground. The muggle who owned the field was getting suspicious and was asking questions but, eventually, after a little help from Harry, Arthur paid and we made our way to our allocated spot which was right near the woods.

“We’re going to be setting the tents up by hand” Mr Weasley told us “as a member of the ministry of Magic, I should be setting an example by not using unnecessary magic.”

“But dad” Ron whined “we could have them up within seconds! I’ll make sure the muggle isn’t watching and you can just-”

“Ron” Mr Weasley raised his eyebrows at his youngest son “by hand!”

With everyone’s help, including Ron’s, the tents were up within half an hour. Now, I’ve grown up within the wizarding world but the tents were not what I was expecting.
When I went camping with my old Muggle School the tents were tiny with two or three compartments; Mr Weasley’s tents were small on the outside but huge, like a flat, on the inside. Both tents had three twin bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom and a sitting area. I was sharing a tent with Hermione and Ginny.

“Hey” Fred pulled me to one side as Hermione, Ron and Harry went off to get water.

“Yeah?” I smiled.

“I was wondering if you wanted to-”

“Fred!” George called from the boys tent “come and look at this!”

Fred sighed and rolled his eyes “come on.”

“Lil!” Harry jogged up to me “are you coming or what?”

I looked up to see Hermione and Ron waiting for us and looked at Fred “rain check?”  Once Fred has joined George, I grabbed harry by the neck of his shirt “what is it with you three and your ‘excellent’ timing?” I snarled.

“Hey! C’mon, I thought you wanted to come with us?”

You, Harry Potter, are such a guy and it frustrates me at just how clueless you are!” I let him go and then stormed off.

 “Aren’t you going to help with the water?” He called after me.

I sent my reply with a rather polite two fingered salute.

I’d never seen so many witches and wizards gathered in the same place all at once. There was magic going on everywhere; it seemed that most of the campers here had the same attitude as Ron. I smiled a little when I saw a little kid on a toy broom and wished that I hadn’t left mine at the Burrow; I felt so free when I was flying, it’s not even a feeling you can describe too well. Harry understands. After walking aimlessly for a while I bumped into Oliver Wood, the old Gryffindor Quidditch captain. “Hey” I smiled at him.

“Lilly!” He explained “Merlin, you’ve changed! How’re you doing?”