Part 5

“LIL!” Someone slapped my face hard and out of instinct I threw my fist in the direction of the voice. “Ow!”

“Well, at least we know she’s not dead!” Harry’s voice laughed

I opened my eyes to see Ron, with a bloody nose, Hermione, Harry and Fred looking down at me. All, apart from Ron, were grinning. “Who slapped me?” I yawned as I sat up.

“Guilty” Fred laughed “but I know to duck, obviously Ron doesn’t.”

“And why did you slap me?” I glared at him.

“Because we just spent the past half hour trying to wake you up.” Hermione told me.

“You sleep like the dead!” Ron told me.

“I did try to tell them that” Hermione sighed “but they wouldn’t listen.”

“Oh well” I yawned again “I’m awake now. Shall we go?”

If you thought the rush hour for lunch at Hogwarts was bad, it was nothing to the crowds of people making their way towards the stadium. Luckily, we were camped as close as anyone could get so we had a head start. After the others had wasted their money on omnioculars and stuff at the stall in front of the stadium we made our way up.

“I had a gold fish once” Harry said thoughtfully as we continued to ascend the steps. “Well, I didn’t; I never had anything nice, Dudley did. He lived for ten years before he was thrown through the conservatory window.” He paused for a moment “I called him Bob, Dudley called him a nuisance.”

“Did you never think that Bob was replaced?” Hermione asked “Goldfish don’t last very long.”

“Oh, I knew he was but Dudley, being the complete idiot that he is, didn’t notice a thing…even when he went from orange to white with orange spots.”

“Are Goldfish entertaining?” Ron asked “I mean, what do they do?”

“Nothing” Harry, Hermione and I said together.

“Then what’s the point in having one?” The twins asked.

Harry shrugged “it’s just nice to have something that needs you.”

“It’s a fish” Ron said blankly “what would it need you for?”

“If there’s no one to feed it then it would die, Ronald” Hermione replied in exasperation.

“What, doesn’t it feed its self?”

I phased out at that point, deciding that the aggravation wasn’t worth it. I know that he’s not muggle born but Ron can really be an idiot sometimes.

“Do you have any pets, Ron?” I asked suddenly “beside owls, I mean.”