Rebellious Rogue

Fictional characters aren't meant to be real...

The best stories have a sprinkle of truth about them, the kind of uncomfortable truth that stems from the deepest parts of the human soul. A writer's job is to dig for that truth and hold up a mirror for the world to see. That's all in a day's work for bestselling author Sarah Jane Smith, applauded creator of the widely adored, charismatic (and ridiculously handsome) Samuel Reed. But when the fictional 18th century rogue won't co-operate, Sarah has more than a bad case of writer's block on her hands.

Frustrated with her character and her own inability to meet looming deadlines, Sarah Jane makes a fateful wish that will change everything she thought she knew about writing, and much more besides. Samuel Reed becomes more than fiction. He's very, very real.

Life soon feels very much like a story, and all good stories come with a twist. Sarah Jane might just not see this one coming.

  ✧∞✧

My goodness! This story had it all. Sadness, suspense (serious curve balls!), happiness, anger (a lot) and tons of cheeky dialogue. Really speechless from this one. It's kind of like inception, with a book character, from the book being written in an actual book that's being read...(I think I just confused myself). Makes you wonder if we are in a book, having our lives dictated by an author. Ha! Just kidding- I think.