1.3

[Michael]

Alex left him hanging just when he was about to make the move and kiss her. Again.

In all honesty, he didn't know what to feel anymore. There wasn't anyone there with them, so he knew that what happened wasn't another stupid prank. Michael couldn't possibly have been the only one who felt that stupid connection between him and Alex. He could've sworn he saw her let her walls break down.

What confused and hurt him the most was that he knew everything was real, but Alex just ran away. He wanted to understand. He wanted to be able to help her. Michael swore that he felt some sort of gigantic weight just sit on his chest once she retracted. He was so close to getting to kiss the girl of his dreams, but then everything disappeared into thin air.

Knowing that nothing would happen if he would just sit under the tree and sulk, Michael sighed and stood up to walk to his next class (which was thankfully not with Alex.) It had only been a few days since he and Alex began to build some type of bond, yet he had just witnessed whatever they had built crumbling down before his eyes.

F.uck, Michael thought. What did I do wrong?

A frustrated Michael strolled inside his social studies classroom and slumped in his seat, only to be bothered by his two idiotic friends. He loved his friends, but he just wanted to be alone and moody at the moment.

"Hey Michael," Luke took the seat next to the red-haired boy.

Calum followed behind Luke, taking the other vacant seat beside Michael, sandwiching him in between. "Hi Mikey."

Michael replied with an unenthusiastic hi and crossed his arms, staring off into space. This caused Calum and Luke to look at each other in confusion, something was obviously wrong with Michael and he didn't even try to hide it. The two attempted to get him to talk, but he was clearly not in the mood for talking, which led them to desperately text him in hopes to get any type of response.

puke hemmings: miKEY

puke hemmings: wtf is wrong

(c)al(um): did we upset u or something

mikey: stfu

(c)al(um): no

trashton: why are we group texting rn im at work guys, and shouldn't u be in class

(c)al(um): ashTON FIX MICHAEL

trashton: he's not a robot, cal

puke hemmings: FIX HIM

mikey: ur all idiots

trashton: michael seems normal to me

(c)al(um): BUT HE DOESNT WANNA TALK

puke hemmings: HE'S LITERALLY SITTING NEXT TO US AND HE'S ALL QUIET AND SHIT

trashton: oh mY GOD U GUYS BROKE MICHAEL

trashton: mikey are u broken bc of those two dipshits or is it something else??

mikey: idk

puke hemmings: is it ur mom again??

mikey: idk

(c)al(um): is this about your thing for alex

Once Michael read Calum's text, he uncomfortably shifted in his chair as he remembered what had just happened. The mention of Alex has caused him anxiety, and it was quite clear on his face that it was Alex who had allegedly "broken" Michael.