0.6

[Alex]

It had been three days since Alex volunteered as tribu- Michael's creative writing partner (unintentionally). Whenever Mr. Williams would tell them to work on their project after a discussion, the two would not make any progress at all, and it went on almost everyday. Alex just wanted to get this project over with, but she hadn't even written the first sentence. Earlier that morning she was actually contemplating (quite exaggeratedly to say the least) on killing herself just so that she didn't have to continue the stupid project.

The last bell rang, which meant school was finally over for the week and she could just stay home and not talk to anybody until next Monday.

Alex immediately grabbed her bag and headed to the hall to put things in her locker. The students began flooding out of the classrooms since it was Friday, and that usually meant a party at Jace Rogers' place.

Jace Rogers was also a senior like Alex, but he had the intelligence of a first-grader who was at the risk of being held back. It really bothered her, the fact that he wasn't taking any summer classes or being held back for a year, but then again, he was pretty much the richest person in the entire school (more like the entire city), so he could do whatever the f.uck he wanted because he was just that rich.

Why was Alex thinking about Jace Rogers, you might ask? Well, the thing is, Alex almost lost her virginity to an ugly bastard at one of his parties. Alex basically hated him for it. She hated everything, really. Including the red-headed boy who was walking up to her as she was finishing up with fixing her locker.

"Hey, Alex."

"Bye, Michael." Alex began walking off to the exit of the school.

"Rude," Michael followed. "I was just gonna ask you something, so could you stop being so cranky for at least two seconds?"

Alex internally groaned. She just wanted to enjoy her weekend. She just wanted to stay home already and not be bothered by anyone until Monday. Her usual Friday routine was currently being ruined by Michael and she didn't like it. Then again, what was usual when it came to Alex or Michael?

"Spit it out then," Alex huffed impatiently.

"Calm down! I was just wondering if you wanted to go to Jace's party with me," Michael flailed his hands into the air. "But clearly you don't want to see my face so I'll just ask some random slut out then."

Michael's words basically slapped Alex in the face. There she was again, being an emotionless bastard that didn't care about anybody else. She actually didn't want that, but her attitude just came and went. She didn't want to go to Jace's parties after the almost-incident but then she realized that as long as she would stick with Michael (mostly Michael sticking to her) she'd be alright. Maybe it was time that Alex did something with her life.

"Michael," Alex grabbed onto his wrist. "Fine. I'll go with you, but you have to stay with me the entire time, got it? I will tear all your already-thinning red hair out if you don't do so."

"I knew you'd say no and just insult me or something," The boy's eyes grew wide in shock as he realized that she agreed on coming with him. "Wait, I, uh, yeah. I'll pick you up at 6.."

Alex and Michael walked in opposite directions because they already felt awkward enough. There wasn't much the two had to talk about, but then they had to turn back since they both realized that Michael didn't know Alex's address. Such geniuses.

"Alex!"

"Michael!"

"I uh-"

"My um-"