Chapter 15

We watched movies and ate ice cream. They let me spend the night with them in their hotel room instead of on the tour bus. Tonight is the last night of tour. We all decided to have gatherings before and after the last show. We wanted to have a good time before and after. I decided to wear the best outfit I brought with me; navy cut out shoulder dress with tan cowboy boots, tan over the shoulder bag, a big peach flower headband and my hair was in a side ponytail with a braid on the side. I didn’t want to be the only one who didn’t enjoy themselves because of Jack.

I walked off the bus ready to just have a good time and forget all the bullshit that had happened. I planned to drink but not nearly as much as I normally would. I wanted to remember everything and make no mistakes like I have before.

Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts blared from the speakers helping bring the mood up. I swayed my hips to the music as I took a sip of my drink only hoping to have a good night.

When I saw Matt I instantly felt bad at how I reacted towards him. I made my way towards him hoping to be able to apologize.

He smirked when he saw me in front of him “Let me guess... I’m sorry Matt. I’m an idiot and you’re the smartest brother. I should listen to you more often. I can’t even begin to describe how sorry I am and I will let you stay with me whenever you want.”

I giggled “You summed it all up.”

He smiled slightly “No need to apologize. I’m sorry things got screwed up. I know things didn’t go as you wanted them to either. I love you and just want you to remember I only want what’s best for you.”

I nodded hugging him “I know and I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. I love you too.”

After that things seemed a little better.

Alex and I made the agreement that neither of us would talk about us sleeping together and would act like it never happened.

Rian walked up handing me another drink “So how did you like being on tour with us?”

I shrugged “I mean I feel like I learned a lot.”

“How so?”

“Before I went on tour with you guys I just made my way through life waiting for things to work themselves out. I now know that some times things just aren’t meant to work out in your favor. You can try to work it out but some times it just won’t work like you want it to. You have to make clear your objective or goal so it doesn’t get fuzzy. Also I seem to forget more when alcohol is involved.”

He chuckled slightly “Well that’s good things to learn. I don’t know if it’s really the alcohol that makes you forget. I think there is something inside you that makes you want to forget it so you mind just acts like you don’t remember. If you look deep enough I think you’ll remember more than you think...”

Then Mr. Fortune Cookie walked away leaving me to think about what he said.

I mentally reminded myself to text Cassadee to ask her how she ever has a deep conversation with her fortune cookie boyfriend and understand what he means.

I tried not to look upset when I saw Aimee and Jack walk in. I looked around seeing how goofy everyone was being and to be honest it made me feel better. These guys became some of my closest friends in the short amount of time I was here. I cared about all of them like they were my brothers.

Aimee pulled Jack over so they both were standing next to me (everyone was in a circle; Alex, Matt, me, Jack, Aimee, Vinny, Zack).

She looked over smiling at me “Hey Ava.”

I faked a smile “Hi.”

She look at my outfit “That’s an...interesting look...”

I smiled “Yeah I know. It feels more like me.”

She rolled her eyes slightly like she wasn’t amused by what I had to say “That necklace looks familiar.”

I reached down to the emerald necklace that hung around my neck wondering if Aimee knew who owned it before me.