Chapter 5

Matt smiled as I walked up. “How are you this morning?”

I yawned smiling slightly “Tired. I had trouble sleeping last night.”

Alex chuckled “Probably adrenalin rush from our amazing set!”

I giggled “Or the fact that I wasn’t in my own bed.”

Matt chuckled “I forgot you’re weird when you’re not in your own bed.”

Alex laughed “What?”

I shook my head trying to explain. “I’m more comfortable in my own bed. I have trouble sleeping in different beds. It took me about a whole semester of college to get use to my bed on campus.”

Matt added in “You called me everyday during that semester.”

I giggled “You helped me adjust. I made friends faster after that.”

Alex chuckled “You two are funny.”

Matt looked at his watch noting we had to get ready to leave. Rian and Zack walked in with their bags clearly just getting up.

Rian smiled “Morning Ava.”

I returned a smile “Morning Rian.”

Zack walked over using my shoulder as a pillow. I patted his head gently as Matt went over all the information they needed to know.

Twenty Minutes later we were on the bus and on our way to the next stop. We were headed towards our hometown of Baltimore Maryland. I smiled watching the city slowly disappear from the window. When I finally turned away from the window I noticed Jack across from me staring. I looked down at my outfit making sure nothing looked wrong. He smiled waving.

I returned a wave unsure “You okay?”

He nodded before turning away. Not long after our encounter Aimee sat next to him. I sighed walking to the back lounge. A couch was the first thing to catch my eye. A big comfy tan couch sat towards the wall. I worked my way across the lounge towards it. Once I reached it I laid down quickly getting comfortable. I curled up into a ball pulling a blanket that laid across the top over myself.

As I felt myself start to drift someone walked in. I felt the couch sink slightly towards my feet.

I made out more than one whisper.

The first whisper I knew was Jack “Dude, Matt would be so upset with me if he knew.”

The other I could tell was Rian “I think he would understand.”

“Aimee won’t...”

“Dude, it’s not like you planned on it happening...”

I felt an arm gently rub my leg from above the blanket “No I didn’t.”

“You just have to be honest with them and most importantly yourself.”

After a couple of minutes I pretended to wake up. I saw Jack sitting on the end of the couch.

He smiled slightly at me “Morning Sunshine.”

I smiled slightly “Morning.”

I knew whatever Jack told Rian I wasn’t meant to hear it. I didn’t want to know to be completely honest. I knew it would be better if I didn’t know. At this point I liked Jack enough that I knew it would be better if I avoided him. Something strong drew me to Jack but I knew I had to fight hard against it.

By five o’clock I sat in the back lounge with Matt. I knew I should be completely honest with him.

I sighed trying to find the right words “I need to tell you something...”

“Okay? What is it?”

I knew he would understand my point of view. Matt was the one person who just always understood me better than I understood myself.

I just couldn’t find my words “I don’t even know how to word this...”

He looked at me for a second “You like Jack...”