Chapter 12

I walked finding Rian. I did my best impression of an innocent little girl as I smiled and sat beside him.

He sighed handing me his phone without even waiting for me to ask.

You see about two weeks ago I met Rian’s girlfriend Cassadee. We have been talking nonstop through Rian’s phone. I’m surprised he hasn’t given me her number yet.

I quickly typed her a text “Hey! You’re coming tonight right?- Ava.”

I was surprised how quickly she answered saying, “Yup of course! Okay and I think you need to convince Ri to put my number in your phone so he can’t read all our convos lol.”

I turned to Rian smiling slightly.

He knew exactly what I wanted but he always refused.

I spoke up defending myself “Just think about it. The sooner you give me her number the sooner you won’t have to hear about me and Jack anymore.”

He sighed “I know that’s not true but fine.”

I smiled excited as I watched him put her number in my phone.

“Thanks Rian!”

He shook his head “Yeah yeah. Now give me my phone back.”

I handed back his phone and retreated towards my bunk to text Cassadee. Cassadee was the only one who really understood where I was coming from and my feelings towards Jack and Aimee. She was the closest person I could talk to who had a girl’s point of view besides Maci (she was too far away).

I sighed when I heard the curtains to my bunk open. I relaxed when Alex stood there smirking.

“What now?”

He kept smiling.

Confused I sat up “Gaskarth, you’re starting to freak me out.”

He chuckled “Good. We’re here. Ready to go inside?”

I jump down from my bunk “Yup. Let’s go.”

After a few minutes we all comfortable sat in the green room of the venue. I chuckled as Taylor Swift came on the radio. I ran over turning the song up.

Alex and I jumped on the table singing at the top of our lungs “Now I’m lying on the cold hard ground! OHHHH! OHHHHH! Trouble!”

I danced along trying to have a good time not thinking about Aimee and Jack who were sitting comfortably on the couch right in front of me. Cassadee stood alongside Rian laughing and singing.

I jumped down from the table moving my hips to the music as I worked my way towards the fridge for a water. I heard Alex boo as the song ended and he plopped down on the table out of breath.

Everyone’s fun ran out quickly when we saw Aimee storm out and yelled towards Jack “You don’t care about me at all.”

He was quick to run after her. I felt the pain hit me hard in the chest. I sucked in a breath of air hoping I could just let it go but no such luck. I had to walk away before I lost it in front of everyone. As I started towards the door Matt caught my arm.

“Are you okay?”

I did my best attempt at a smile “I’ll be fine. I just need to go for a walk.”

He nodded releasing my arm. I knew he knew I was lying but he didn’t push. I quickly made my way towards the door. I sadly only made it down the hall before I saw them.

I could hear him tell her “I love you. If I could just leave I would. I mean it I love you but the guys need me. Tomorrow night I’ll make it up by taking you out anywhere you want.”

That’s all it took to completely shatter my heart. I held out hope for him but I knew the hope was completely worthless. I didn’t care as I made my way passed them as I ran outside. I made it across the street before I had to let it all go. I screamed the loudest I could produce. I dropped down to my knees sobbing. I gave myself a minute before pulling myself back together. I stood up brushing off my jeans and wiping my eyes. I slowly turned around getting ready to make my way back inside. I looked up slightly embarrassed as I saw Jack standing there watching me.