Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Schuyler’s p.o.v

Turning around I tried coming up with an explanation for the threat in the letter. But the next words Chris said hurt really bad.

“You were going to cheat on me?” he said his voice full of pain and hurt.

“What?” I asked confused his eyes were really cold and they were throwing daggers at me.

“The letter” he snapped and threw the letter at me. I quickly caught it, just in time so it would poke my eye or something. 

‘My beautiful love, I will be looking forward for our date at the ball- love yours truly’ I gasped as I read those words.  How could the letter say this? The letter just a few seconds ago said something else. What the hell? Was my mind playing tricks on me? 

“I- I” I stuttered not believing the letter changed what it said a few seconds ago. Mother of god I’m going crazy. I admit this now. This is impossible a letter couldn’t do that.

“You found anther date?” he asked his voice hard and I shook my head reading the letter over and over trying to see if my eyes were reading wrong or something.

“You really think I would do that?” I whispered and held onto my head, just how much did I drink yesterday? Maybe I drank a lot and couldn’t read right. But the roses and the note and the dude that had left the note not that long ago. The dude maybe he knew who the letter was from.

“I- I ?” Chris asked confused. I looked up to see his eyes black. 

“Never mind, but I think this is a prank” I told him holding the letter up.

“Who would want to prank you?” he voice was cold. I had to force my body not to flinch away.

“Believe what you want” I said not understanding anything anymore. When had everything turned into a maze in my life. Every path I took ended up being horrible and with every turn something would make me regret that decision and It definitely didn’t help that me and Chris had kissed. Wait we did kiss. Holy mother I cant believe we kissed. I started walking away but was stopped when he pulled me by my wrist to him. He pulled me hard and I was sure it would leave a mark but right now I couldn’t look at him. He really thought I would say yes to some other boy about our date.

“Sky” he said his face to close for my liking, I was angry. That letter really pushed my buttons. Like seriously its creepy one minute the letter says something scary and next it saying I agreed to a date with god know who. 

“Were home!” my moms voice yelled bouncing off the walls as we heard there footsteps come closer to the living room. I tried moving away from Chris but he kept me there. I panicked, Jesus what would they think we were doing? I mean he was holding me close to him and his face were centimeters away from mine so basically it looked like we were kissing which we weren’t at least not now. I felt my face blush.

‘Schuyler your thinking about kissing his lips again?’ a voice teased in my head 

‘Shut up’ I yelled blushing

“What’s going on?” I heard a voice say knocking me out of my thoughts. I looked to my right feeling like I had been a kid getting caught with the hand In the cookie jar after being told not to eat sweets after dinner. I pulled away from Christopher’s hold and straightened out my shirt.

“I just had something in my eye” I lied easily rubbing my eyes smiling nervously.

“Why are you flushed?” my mom asked oblivious to my death glare.