Chapter 11-Sad Girl

I'm back and I'm sorry for the wait. It's a boring come back I know and it's not edited. Love you guys so much. 

*****

Cory felt slightly disoriented when she opened her eyes and found herself lying on the floor. Trying to get her barings, she took a look around to find that she couldn't recognize her surroundings. How had she gotten here? Flashes of the last few days came to her but she couldn't make heads or tails out of any of it. All she could remember was an overwhelmingly aching heat that no matter what she did it wouldn't go away. Even now she whimpered at the memory.

Yet none of that explained what she was doing here. Why, it seemed, she was locked away. She had never felt so weak before. It made her angry because all of that training, all of that work, hadn't helped her one bit in this situation. Where the hell was she?!

"Hello?" she called cautiously, not knowing what else to say. "Hello, is anyone there?" She walked slowly to the door, ready to attack if it called for it.

"Cory?"

"Jeremy?" She asked in return shocked and puzzled. what the hell was going on? The door flung open and she only relaxed when she was enveloped in her brothers arms, inhaling his scent.

"Thank God." Jeremy breathes out and tightens his hold.

"What the hell is going on Jeremy? Where the hell am I?" she tried keeping her voice strong, tried to show strength, but even she could hear the weakness behind her words and flinced into Jeremy's chest.

"let's get you upstairs and wait for mom and dad to get here to talk." He told her hesitantly and she was too exhausted and disheveled that she didn't fight him on it.

"Okay" She whispered

"I'll make you something to eat while we wait, okay?"

"Okay"

****

24 hours came and went for Christie and the tension in her only grew thicker. Blake's words kept replaying as she prayed that the Alpha had forgotten about the smell and that they could find a way to keep her safe. Though as she sat there hoping to get to Cory she wondered how safe could she and Blake really keep her. Eventually the truth would come out and the peace she tried to keep in her home would shatter.

"All seems quiet," Blake said as he wraps his arms around her from behind. "but I still don't trust it. They've had a wolf in the area for the last day. I don't think Leonard would just let up because it's been 24 hours. He's waiting."

"I just don't get it. I thought he believed us."

"Believe and trust are two different things, my love."

"So what are we going to do then Blake. She can't stay gone forever. We can't just send her away without anyone knowing where she went. The Alpha will want to go after her or condemn her. I don't want my baby branded as a rouge." Christie turned to Blake with a sheen of tears in her eyes.

"Don't worry, love, I actually had an idea. Let's call Jeremy." With a kiss to Christie's lips he picks up the phone.

****

Cory hadn't touched her food. It smelled delicious and she could feel her hunger pains but for some odd reason she couldn't bring herself to eat. The longer time went by the emptier she started to feel until just as dawn approached, with not a bit of sleepiness, she felt completely hallow.

"You should eat Cory." Jeremy whispered as he plated breakfast. He pushed the food toward but Cory only shook her head and pushed it back. He sighed. Not only hadn't she slept but she hadn't eaten anything he cooked either. "You have to eat."

"I'm not hungry." Cory sounded weak as she said that and despite her words her stomach growled in protest.

"It doesn't sound like you're not hungry."

"Just leave me alone." She pushed away from the table to sit on the windowsill. Her eyes catching the orange sunrise but all Jeremy saw was this far away look in her eyes. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to help her. He didn't know what she needed help with. It seemed like she was suffering than before.

Just as Jeremy decided to insist onto Cory the need for food his cellphone rang. He answered on the first ring.

"Mom, Dad." He breathed the tension in his shoulders tightening. "What's going on." Cory didn't look over at him.

"I can't stay on the phone long Jeremy." Blake's gruff voice comes through the other side. "just listen to what im about to tell you. You are going to bring Cory back and.."

"Bring her back?!" Jeremy exclaimed in shock. "But Dad we can't, not after what happened, not after-"

"Enough!" Blake said, "That's enough. this isn't up for negotiations. She can't stay gone Jeremy that would look to suspicious."

"Dad..." Jeremy trailed off his eyes finding Cory while she looked on into the woods. "Dad her scent..."

"So it has changed." Blake sighed, his tone grave. "I was afraid of this. Do whatever you can to mask it and I do mean anything. Then come back."

"But what do I say? I can't just show up."

"You can and you will. Just say she found you. That you were on campus and she found you. That it was the dead of night and-" A loud thump was heard through the phone cutting him off before he could finish. "Gotta go. Hurry." dial tone.

Jeremy looked down at his phone before looking up towards Cory to find her already looking at him.

"Cory.."

"I heard. I don't understand but I heard. Let's go." She unfolds herself. Her clothing, which belong to Christie, a size to small at the bust and waist. She walks past him towards the door. "I know a creek near here that where sewage gets dumped at. I'll roll around in there."

"We'll explain everything when we get out of this mess. I promise." Cory didn't look at him as she walked towards the door. Jeremy, with a heavy heart, didn't know if he could actually keep that promise.

****

"No word?" Leonard asked as he walked into the house of his pack members. His suspcions only grew when they didn't answer right away. Already he couldn't trust them as his enforcer caught phone calls being made from inside the house.

"We've tried several times to call Jeremy but he's not getting back to us." Blake told him and although it eased some of his suscpitions there is one that he can't quite shake.

"hmm intresting." He took a seat at the kitchen table watching as Christie shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "It seems that people tend to underestiamte me because I am a compassionate alpha but I've never been a stupid one. It seems you two has been witholding information from me and don't think I didn't catch the scent clinging to the shrubs outside your home. I want the truth and I want it now." He could feel the command come forward in his voice as both Christie and Blake shook at his words. They exchanged glances with the look of what could only be described as fear.

"What do you have to say-" Suddenly like a hurricane the smell of rancid sewage swam at his nostrils and a loud bang had him standing up, turning towards the door. It was there that stood Jeremy with a worried look on his face as he craddled his sister in his arms, a pressed white shirt covering her torso.

"Guess who I found all the way in bethlehem stark ass naked and smelling like shit?" He threw a nervous smirk at his parents.

"Jeremy language." Christie responded indignetly.