Mating Massacre

"Daxon get your sister out of here now!" His mother yelled as the sounds of growls ripped through the night sky.

"Mom I can't just leave you here!" He answered back with distress in his voice. He clutched his baby sister close to his chest as her sobs soaked through his shirt. Her small six year old arms clutching painfully around his neck.

"You will do as your told do you understand? You take your sister and you keep yourselves safe." She commanded as the sound of splintering wood shook the house. She looked down at the back pack in her hand and continued to stuff only the nessacary as more growls tore through the house. 

"Mom I can fight. I can help you and Dad." He pleaded. He couldn't understand why they would make him run. It went against everything that he was ever taught. It went against everything that he knew. It went against his instincts. 

"This isn't up for discussion." She responded looking at him as unshed tears blurred her vision. Another thunderous growl broke through the air and the trio in the room could feel their hearts clench as it turned to a whimper. "Please Daxon please don't argue and go. Keep her safe. I need to help your father."

"But I can help" He whispered, defeated because he knew that his mother was right. He had to protect his sister. 

"No protect her. I won't let my children die for us."

"I understand." He nodded just as his sister lifted her head and her teary eyes look at her mothers. 

"Mommy I don't want to go without you and Papa." She whispered as a hiccup is drowned by the clicking of paws and another pounding shakes the house. 

"Oh baby" His mother huffed as her tears finally spill. She walked towards her children and cupped her daughters cheek. "I'll be right behind you. Your father is strong. Trust us." Her little girl nods her head with so much confidence in her it almost makes her crumble but the call to her Mate was so painful and she knew that she wouldn't last much longer without getting to his side. She glanced towards her son's guarded expression and tried to smile but fails.

"Don't lie to her" He hissed. 

"Daxon enough" She said as a growl loomed closer. She shoved the backpack into his hand and pushed at him. "Now Go"

He doesn't argue this time, just walks towards the hidden passage behind the cluttered bookcase in the far corner of his father's office. And just as he walks through the hollowed out dirt archway the locked wooden door at the other side of the room shuddered under some great wieght. Daxon immediately turns to look behind him to see his mother crouch defensively as she backs up into the Cherry wooden desk that just only hours ago held the prescense of her mate. Before she can do anything another loud heave shakes the door until it collapses and with wide eyes him and his sister watch as wolf after wolf barrels their way through. 

"Mommy!!!!" His sister's shrill voice cuts through the vicious growling and snapping of teeth as his mother quickly shifts only to be overpowered.  

Daxon doesn't waste any more time as he quickly breaks out into a run through the undergrownd path that leads to the town a few miles east. What seems like hours- though can only be mere mintue- pass  before he hears a malicious howl break through the tunnel, echoing agasint the dirt walls. Fear spikes throuh him as his sister clutches him closer, her ragged breathing hitting his neck. 

"Shh it's okay" He trys to sooth as he runs faster, the pounding of paws and vicious growls resounding all around them.

He reaches the end but he can tell it's no use, he can partically feel the stench of their breaths fanning their backs. He burst through the hidden doorway, the town lights glowing in the distance, and takes off in a dead sprint. His arms curling tighter around his sister as footfalls come closer, as leaves and branches scraped agaisnt their exposed skin. But it was no use, he couldn't outrun them and he couldn't shift with his sister unprotected.