Chapter 10- Braylon

Not Edited at all!

Enjoy!

xoxoxo

****

She felt restless, she couldn't turn back to her human form and she just couldn't bring herself to stay a wolf. She felt so out of control, something that Cory was not used to. Years of training took her from meek and weak to someone formiddable. Someone always in control of everything but at this moment she felt a loss of reality, a loss of the bad-ass bitch she worked so hard to be. She wanted to run, hard until she could leave this fidgety feeling behind but try as she might she couldn't break out of her makeshift cage. She couldn't understand how she was being kept inside this room. 

She growled, then howled smashing her body hard against the door. She needed to be let out. She needed to run. 

**** 

Upstairs all three Colts felt a frissure of unease at the banging and noise but tried to push it aside as they all sat at the stools at the kitchen island. The cottage itself was slightly bigger than what you would imagine a regular wooden cottage to be like. Dark wood everywhere and a nice homey feel. As a child he loved the coming here for, what his parents loved to call, 'vacations from reality'. The woods surrounded it on all sides and a mile out, just a small run away, was a small lake. He had so many good memories here that was until Cory.

Jeremy would never resent her for it. He couldn't stand the sight of the place now that he was here after knowing what happened to Cory as a child. After hearing that her brother was murdered so close by the novelty of his childhood get away lost it's appeal.

"Jeremy are you listening?" His mother asked, her eyes shone with concern. 

"Sorry, spaced out. I guess this place is bringing back a lot of memories." He shrugged. 

"Yea" Christie responded looking around. "But this is the only place that we could think of to bring her. No one is going to think to look for us here. but Just in case we're going to need your help to divert attention from the area."

"Okay." it made sense to him. "What exactly do you need me to do?"

"We have to come up with a plan." His father responded. "An excuse for why Cory went ballistic. We could say she's coming into her alpha powers. Anything could work really than the truth."

"Her Alpha powers?" Christie questioned with a furrow of her eyebrows. "How believable is that? I mean alpha children don't just loose control when thier coming into power. Not that I know of exactly." Blake ran a hand through his hair in slight fustration, lost in thought. 

"Well, Mom, these are some unique curcumstances. I mean they feared giving Cory Alpha training because of her situation as a child and then considering that most Alpha families have more than one child that surge of power is usally divided or if it is one child it's usally a male and they are taught to control. Cory gets niether advantage and because she's not mated she gets full surge when usally she would share that with her mate. Any of those reasons could work to our advantage when she goes through her heat now." Jeremy explained, which, truthfully, surprised his parents at how well any of those things could be a good cover. 

"That's perfect but how will we keep them away. We don't even know how long this heat will last. I mean we can't disappear as a whole family." Christie mused as she rubbed at her face in worry. This had been her worst nightmare when her and Blake took in Cory but they had fallen so in love with her that they hadn't cared about the risks. Now she wonders if thier naivity and false hope that the bite mark not being a mate mark had caused more harm than good. Maybe they would have been more prepared for this if they had been more cautious.