Chapter 12- The truth comes out

Not edited and yes I know it's short but the only way to get weekly updates out to you guys is to keep them short. I don't want to overwhelm myself. thanks for being understanding. xoxo

*****

Jeremy threw a nervous glance around the room, a sheepish smile thrown at his mother, as Alpha Leonard's eyes narrowed on him. Everyone's nose wrinkled as they took in the aroma coming off of Cory. Taking a deep breath, and trying not to gag on the smell, he took Cory to the couch silently hoping that the Alpha wouldn't catch on to her sleeping rouse. Cory came up with the idea but even if he thought she was succeeding beyond expectations he was still nervous about being found. They needed this to work. Already he could feel the power in the air and knew that an Alpha command had to have just been spoken and they were on the cusp of exposure. He couldn't let that happen. His sister, who he has loved since the day that his parents brought her to him, could not be taken from him. Not by death and not by the actions of another. They all needed for this to work. They all knew how important Cory was to them.

"What happened with her?" asked Leonard as Jeremy laid her down onto the couch in the living room.

"Hell if I know. I was coming home from the library and she came right at me. Smelling to high heaven if I may add and butt ass naked. She must have been consious of where she was because she wasn't in wolf form. Anyway she shows up and then pass out in my arms. I snuck her into my car and put my dress clothes that i keep there on her. Came straight here after that. I honestly have no idea what the hell happened but she felt like she was under some crazy power rush and then passed out." It all came out in a rush as he tried to explain the only thing that would seem logical for him to believe.

"What happened to her before that?" Asked Leonard

"I have no idea. Like I said she passed out as soon as she got to me and hasn't woken up since. I just put some clothes on and came straight here. Especially when I heard all the messages my parents left me while I was stuck in class."

"I find that rather odd that you were oblivious of everything for 24 hours. I may seem oblivious but I can assure you I am not. I want the truth and I won't tolerate anything else." You could almost here the anger in his voice as he said it.

"I..." He trailed off as he looked over at his parents. They in turn looked at eachother. The truth was going to be revealed. They were going to loose their daughter forever.

"The truth Jeremy." He commanded, they were treading thin ice. Not quite an Alpha command but it was close to it. Jeremy glanced at his sister before resolving himself to something he was never going to admit to, least of all himself.

"I was with my mate." Silence descended in the room.