Chapter 8- Heat

author's note: The song really describes how I think it must feel to be Cory in her complicated situation as she's going through what she is. For the best impact listen to it while she's in the woods. You'll know what I mean. Sorry for the wait. No excuses cuz I know you don't wanna hear them but next week I'll have another upload. Thankks for the support for those who have stuck around. Your awesome in a cup

For those of you on a phone the song is Lana del rey- God and Monsters. Love this Be lol

xoxo 

your biggest fan

****

Cory couldn't even describe what she had felt as a raging inferno let loose inside her, the only thought that ran through her head was that she should have listened to her parents as the change in her crawled to the surface, her wolf just underneath the thin layer of her skin. What had caused this sudden frenzy she couldn't even explain because she knew with all the humans in this hallway she was risking exposure. And for another unknown reason she couldn't understand why she couldn't control the change. 

She had been trained for this. She was an expert at this. The most frieghtening part was the awareness of her surroundings. She saw a few males, werewolves, eyes flash as they looked at her, their bodies vibrating with the need for control. And with all this awareness she still couldn't control her body. 

Someone grabbed at her arm and she almost moaned at the sensitivity at that very little gesture. She moved to rip her arm from the hand that touched her until a horrible cramping started at her lower abdomen. That was the moment she cruppled to the floor and her vision blurred. What the hell was happening to her? She felt her hands fist and voices yelling all around her with a few low growls. She felt so vulnerable and she couldn't stop it when her fingers started elongating into claws. 

Suddenly she felt a pair of warm hands on her face, even as her throat produced a hushed growl at the contact. 

"Cory!" A voice screams and she looked over to see Layla with her hand at her lips and two shewolves dragging her away. Cory couldn't understand what was happening and then didn't even care as she curled further into herself as another horrible sensation rolled through her lower stomach. The same warm hands gripped her upper arms saying something in a low voice that, due to the rush of blood pounding loudly in her ears, she just couldn't hear.

Another ripple went through her body and as she struggled to keep it at bay the female wolves were trying to control the crowd along with the male wolves that seemed to have gone AWOL. One of the female wolves looked at Cory with worry as she slowly transfromed while the new handsome Janitor tried to get her attention. The girls tried to get him away but he was adament to stay there, that he was an adult, but that wasn't was worrying the girls. He smelled of human, seemed human and they couldn't risk exposure. 

"Brittney" The she wolf called as another looked accross the hallway where she was trying, in vain, to herd people out while trying to control the same male wolves that all the girls were having trouble with. 

"Yea Kate" She huffed when a younger male wolf jabbed her without thought into her side. 

"I need you to meet the Al- I mean Leonard halfway. I just let him know that he needed to get here but I can't explain the whole story and bring Maryann with you. She should be in the teachers lounge and we need her. I think I may know whats going on." Brittney nodded and flew down the hall as fast as she could without attracting suspicion from the forming crowd while Kate looked on at Cory with pity. 

While Kate thought about the severe consequences that she was sure Cory would have to face over the new revelation Kate had discovered, Cory was trying to link two and two but the world was a blur and she didn't even realize the danger she was in. All she could think about was trying to keep her wolf at bay and not succeeding. Suddenly a crack was heard throughout the school as Cory's joints began to give into the change and the pain at keeping it at bay had Cory screaming from the strain of it.