4

"Hey, it's Kalani. Sorry I missed you, leave a message and I'll call back as soon as I can, bye!"

Okay, firstly I wanna say sorry for all of the other messages I've been leaving on your phone where I don't even say anything. Sometimes, all I want is to hear your voice but not speak. Hearing how happy you sound in your voicemail message just reminds me of the night you recorded it. I can't help but smile a little.

"Demi, I'm serious. I need to record this message because the generic robot voice one creeps me out, now hush!" she sighs like the drama queen she pretends to be, but I know she's just being sarcastic.

We've been sitting in my room for hours, just talking and listening to music, but for the last half hour I've had to witness my best friend try and fail at recording a message. It's pretty hilarious because I deliberately keep messing it up.

"Hey this is Kalani, I-"

"HAVE THE BEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD BITCHES" I scream while trying to hold back my laughter as she throws a pillow at my face.

"Oh my God you're like an annoying sibling!" she yells in frustration, and I try and I pretend to be deeply hurt by her words and end up giving her the silent treatment.

"Demi?"

Nope.

"Oh come on, I was kidding" she says but I turn my back to her. Secretly, I'm smiling and trying to hold in my laughter, but she can't see that.

"Demi, Demssss, Dembob"

"Okay do not call me Dembob, that's hideous and doesn't even make sense" I say before turning to face her, immediately realising her plan once I see the smug look on her face. "Ugh, you're so sneaky.." I mutter under my breath while she claps her hands together in achievement.

"Yes I am, but I got you to talk to me so I win" she giggles before going back to her phone. "Now I'm begging you, please let me record this" she pouts, causing me to smile.

"Okay fine, but hurry up so we can watch a movie"

She throws me a smile and blows a kiss in her dramatic way while I just roll my eyes at her. She's such a dork.

You may have been a dork, but you were my dork. We were dorks together, which made it okay. But now it's just me, and even though I'm in college and don't get bullied anymore, I'm always gonna be the outcast who's best friend is dead.

Sometimes it makes me wish I could be dead with you. I know you're going to be mad at me for saying that because I had come so far with my recovery. You helped me through my depression and you were there for me after you found out that even I used to hurt myself. But that's the thing; I had come so far. But now that you're gone, it's all coming back, and you're not here to help me try and pick up the pieces.

The sadness is winning, Kal. I miss you. Bye.