Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Surprise!

Marco and his friends ended up going to court. He had called to tell me. It's been four weeks and Marco has come and gone. He comes back and then he leaves again. From what I heard, he's winning the case. But they still have a long ways to go.

The nursery is finished, and I'm now 32 weeks. I only have two months left if I even make it that far. I've thought of names, but I haven't made a final decision. Girl names I had were Chloe, Emma, Olivia, and Isabella. Boy names were Ethan, Logan, Noah, and Jason. I've been meaning to ask Marco, but neither of us have the time. I'm preparing for the twins while doing school work, and Marco is busy with court.

My mom had me go to my appointment with Kassia. I was fine with it. Besides, She wanted to see the twins moving. We waited in the waiting room for them to call my name.

"I'm so excited." Kassia squealed. "I bet it's amazing seeing them move around in there."

"It is. It's very amazing." I'm 32 weeks and could go into labor at any time. What if Marco doesn't make it?

"What's wrong?" Kassia asked me.

"I'm worried."

"About?"

"About Marco. What if he's not here when the twins are born? It's really important that he's here."

"Knowing Marco, you can't get your hopes up. But I'm sure he'll be there."

My name was called and we went back to the room. I did the usual routine and waited for Dr. James to squeeze the cold jelly on my stomach. Dr. Millar wasn't working today.

"Alright Bailey, let's get started." Dr. James said, squeezing the cold jell onto my stomach. He took out the probe and placed it on my stomach. He moved it around and I looked at the screen. I could see the babies moving.

"Oh my gosh! They're so cute!" Kassia exclaimed.

Dr. James chuckled. "Well, everything looks fine. Since you'll be due soon, you won't need to come in again until you're in labor, alright?"

"Okay."

I got some pictures from Dr. James, and we headed back to my house. Kassia seemed overjoyed seeing the twins. I'm a little afraid to see what she's going to be like when the twins are born.

Kassia pulled up in front of my house and parked. We got out and went inside. It was surprisingly dark, with all the curtains closed. I opened the curtains and was scared to death by people jumping out and yelling "Surprise!" I let out a scream.

"What is this?" I asked, gasping for breath.

"It's a surprise shower." My mom said. "That's why I didn't go with you. We needed Kassia to go, so I could help set up."

"Awww. That's so sweet. I was beginning to think you changed your mind on the baby shower. I really appreciate it."

"It was no trouble sweetie. Now, come in and enjoy."

I came in and looked around. It was a small gathering, but I know I everyone here. Aunts, cousins, even the neighbors. I also noticed Ms. Ramirez. But if she's here, who's Marco with? I walked over to her.

"Hi Ms. Ramirez. What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I'm not going to miss the baby shower of my grandchildren. Besides, I needed a break from my son's problem. His Uncle and Aunt went with him. I'm left with Sally and Heather."

"Oh, where are they?"

Ms. Ramirez looked around then shrugged.

"They're around here somewhere. Hopefully they're not getting into anything."