Chapter 34

This chapter is dedicated to all of you who've taken the time to read this story ;-D

Chapter 34

Thoughts & Changes

"The doc said that they were able to stop the bleeding. He lost a lot of blood so they had to give him some. He's in a coma now since he went into cardiac arrest." A small smile came to my face. He's alive, but he's in a coma.

"How long will he be in a coma for?" I asked.

"They don't know. Maybe a week or less." He said harshly, glaring at me. I still feel guilty, but Dustin wants me to suffer more. If only he knew how sorry I am.

"Dustin..." I started.

"Shut up. I'm tired of hearing your voice." He turned away from me and to Lacey. He walked over to her and tried to take her hand, but she moved it away. "What?" He looked shocked.

"Stop being so mean to her. At least for now. We don't want to stress her out anymore."

"What do I care?"
"You can be such a jerk! The only person you listen to is Marco. I'm your girlfriend and I'm telling you to do something for me."

Dustin stared down at her for a minute before giving in. He sighed and took a seat in one of the waiting chairs. Why is she defending me so much all of a sudden? After all the bad things they've done to me, she's deciding to be nice.

"Maybe we can see him." I muttered.

"I don't think you should get that privilege." Kyle said.

"You've gotten him into enough trouble." Casey said.

"He could've died." Kelsey added.

I sighed. Everyone hates me even more. Or should I say loathe me even more. I've run out of chances with them.

"Let's simmer down." Lance said.

"We all need to be friends at a time like this." Paul told us.

"It's too late for all this arguing." Sandy said with a yawn.

"Don't get her stressed." Lacey warned. The only ones that stayed quiet were Chase and Eric. They obviously had nothing to add to this mess.

Everyone calms down and I decide to talk to Lacey. She was staring out a nearby window at the lights of the town.

"Lacey." I said to get her attention. She turned to me and then turned back to the window. I came up beside her and looked out the window too. "Why were you so nice to me back there?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter." She said emotionlessly.

"It does to me. It's abrupt. You've hated me since 6th grade. All of you have."

"If you must know, I was born a preemie. My mother had me 3 months early. I was hooked to tubes and machines. I almost didn't make it. My mother told me the story and it felt like I was there, seeing what she saw. Ever since, It's been a touchy subject and I try to help others who had to go through that."

"That's so sad. But I'm glad to hear that you help others in need."

"Don't try and get all close. This doesn't mean that I like you now. This is a one time thing."

"Alright. Just... thank you for caring so much about my babies." She gave me a nod and walked off.

I got back to the others and Dustin was pacing. Is he so upset with me that he's pacing out his anger?

"What's your problem?" Justin asked Dustin. Dustin stopped and glared at Justin.

"Nothing. And if there was a problem, I sure as hell wouldn't tell you." He retorted.