Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Truths

Marco's P.O.V*

My mom gave me a quizzical look as I just stared at her, lost for words. I turned around and walked out of the kitchen.

"Marco, wait." My mom quickly said, following after me. I ran upstairs to my room and locked the door behind me. My mom banged on the door but I ignored her, walking over to my bed and lying down on my back. "What's wrong? What are these pictures about?" I didn't say anything.

Eventually my mom stopped banging on the door and left. I stared up at my ceiling, my hands behind my head and my legs dangling off the side. I wonder what my mom's reaction would be if she knew I got Bailey pregnant. Uncle Anton and Aunt Nancy didn't take it so well.

I heard banging on my door again, but this one was harder. I sat up and looked at my door. Who could this be?

"Marco, open the door." I heard my Uncle Anton say sternly.

I sighed and got up, walking to the door. I unlocked it and opened it. "What, Uncle Anton?"

"You ran from your mother?"

"Yeah. I didn't want to tell her about the babies."

"Well I told her."

"You what?!"

I ran past Uncle Anton and down the stairs. I can't believe he told her without giving me a chance. I came into the living room and saw my mom sitting on the couch crying. I slowly approached her.

"Mom?" I asked in a soft voice. She looked up at me, her eyes a little red and tears running down her cheeks. I sat on the couch beside her. "Are you okay?"

"Okay?" She asked in a harsh, yet shaky voice. "How can I be okay? My 18-year-old son is going to be a father to twins. You're so young. You're younger than me when I had you and I had you young. Are you sure you're ready?"

"No, I'm not ready. Bailey and I broke up a while ago. I just go with her to the ultrasounds. I'm not with her anymore. I'm not father material."

"But, this is the time where she needs you the most."

"I am there for her. But once the babies are here, she won't hear anything from me."

My Uncle came down the stairs and walked over to us. He stood behind the couch and crossed his arms.

"Marco," he started. "where's your car?"

I just stared at him. "Huh?" I asked as though I didn't hear him.

"Where's your car? It wasn't out front when I arrived."

"Uh..."

"Your car was out there earlier." My mom said.

"And it should still be out there." I said.

"Nope, it's gone. Where is it?"
I looked between the both of them. I got up and started backing towards the stairs. "I'm tired, I'm gonna go to bed."

I made a run for the stairs, but Uncle Anton caught me by my shirt and yanked me back.

"Not so fast. Tell us what happened to your car. Where'd it go?"

"Uh... Bailey has it." I admitted.

"Why does she have your car after you've been broken up for so long? When was she here?"

"When my mom got home from the store. I snuck her around and had her drive home in my car. I promised to sneak out and pick it up tonight."

"Why would you sneak her around? Why was she here?"