Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I'm What?!

It's been a week since the Back To School Dance. Marco has been trying to get me and his friends to become closer. The girls seem to hate me more, and the guys don't really care. Marco and I walked hand-in-hand through the town with his friends. They walked ahead of us.

"I don't think this is going to work." I muttered to Marco. "They obviously don't like me. I think this is a lost cause."

"Please? Just give them a chance."

"Fine, but I still don't think this is going to work."

The girls found a store to go into. We walked in and we all spread out. Marco told me to follow the girls, and I reluctantly did. I stayed only a little distance behind, trying not to look like a loner.

"Why did you follow us?" Sandy asked me harshly.

"Marco forced me to. He wants us to become friends." They all began to laugh.

"Us, friends? In his dreams." Casey said. "Why don't you go look at something else, away from us." I sighed and walked away.

I looked through a random stack of clothes, not really interested in them. But then I had that feeling I've had all week, as though I'm forgetting something. I always double check myself and I have everything. What is it that I'm forgetting?

"What's up Bailey?" I heard Marco ask from behind me. I jumped and turned to face him.

"You scared me." I told him.

"Sorry. Why aren't you with the girls? You're supposed to be trying to bond."

"They shooed me away. They hate me Marco. There's nothing we can do about that. It's just always going to be that way."

He sighed and took my hand. He led me over to the gang and I felt uncomfortable. But it's not like they were going to notice I'm there.

"So where are we going next?" Dustin asked Marco.

"Where ever the girls want to go, I guess."

"It's always about the girls."

"Just because you and Lacey aren't speaking, doesn't mean the girls don't get to have choices. Just apologize." Lance said.

"I tried that. She won't forgive me."

"Then try something else."

I thought of something. I might be able to help, and I might get a friend in return. I'm a girl so I should be helpful.

"I might have an idea." I broke in. They all looked at me. The guys looked at me the same way they did at the dance, like they didn't know I was standing here.

"No one asked you." Dustin growled.

"Alright then. Just be miserable."

Dustin sighed and gave in. "Fine, what's your idea?"

"You should plan a romantic date so that you can sit her down and talk to her. Compliment her and treat her nice. Treat her like she's a queen. At least that's what would work for me."

Dustin thought about it for a moment and then a smile formed on his face. He nodded.

"Yeah, I'll try that. Thanks Bailey." At least they know my name.

After a while, we moved on to another store, and another. I'd gotten the guys to like me some, but the girls still hated me as much as before. They'll never like me, but Marco is determined to get them to. He's so sweet, but he doesn't realize it's not going to work. I love him so much.