Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The Pain of Love

Marco's P.O.V*

I felt sore and like I was ripped apart. I opened my eyes slowly to see what this feeling is. The room is unfamiliar. A black and white speckled ceiling. A heart monitor machine next to the bed I'm in. There's a plant by the door and two chairs beside that. There's a window and It's raining, making it hard to tell what time of day it is. I looked down to see I'm in hospital gown. My leg and chest throb.

I remember that I got stabbed. But how did I get to the hospital? And how long have I been here? The door to my room opened and in stepped my mom, Uncle Anton, Aunt Nancy, and the twins.

"Oh my gosh you're awake!" My mom exclaims, running to my side. "How do you feel? I'm calling the nurse."

"No" I croaked. "No nurses. Not yet. How long have I been here?"

"4 days. Your friends have been by to visit a couple times. There is something good in them."

I'm not that surprised that my friends came to visit. But what about Bailey? She called my name that day as though she really cared about what happened to me. Though I ended up getting stabbed. She's never lost hope in me.

"And Bailey?" I asked. She looked away and I sighed.

"I'm sorry. Her mother tells me she... anyway, I think we'd better get that nurse."

She reached for the buzzer, but I stopped her. "She what? What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing's wrong. She just... doesn't love you anymore." She said the last part quietly.

It felt as though my heart had been ripped out and stomped on. She doesn't love me anymore? But she's carrying my children. I've run out of chances with her. But what made her feel that way? What did I do? She seemed so concerned that day.

"F**k!" I yelled. I pulled the IV from my wrist and tried to get up.

"Hey!" Uncle Anton rushed over and kept me from getting up. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I need to see her. Find out why she doesn't love me anymore."

"No. You need to stay here until you're ready to get out of here."

Uncle Anton got me back on the bed and I stared at the ceiling, crying. She was everything to me. My whole world. Why didn't I stay with her? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be a father. Why did it take me this long to figure it out? I'm such a jackass. I still don't understand what I did though. This pain I feel is worst than getting stabbed. I just want her back. I want to help her raise my children.

I heard the door to my room open but didn't look to see who was coming in or leaving. I don't care anyway.

"Hi Marco." An unfamiliar woman's voice greeted, but I still didn't look. "How are you feeling? Any pain?"

I didn't answer. She can't do anything for the pain I'm feeling. "This may not be the right time." Aunt Nancy said to the nurse.

"Oh, alright. I'll come back later then. Buzz if you need anything."

Bailey's P.O.V

Kassia, Spencer, Hannah, and I walked to lunch as soon as the bell rang.

"I'm starving!" Spencer exclaimed.

"Me too." I said.

"Of course you are." Kassia said with a smirk.

"Are we still hanging out after school?" Hannah asked me.