Chapter #9

As I walked into the choir room the next day, with my sunglasses on and on three different medications for my eye, I was attacked with hugs from Kurt and Blaine. They held on to me so tight I thought I might actually stop breathing, and I don't think they would have ever let me go if Santana hadn't jumped in and saved me.

"Alright, move out of the way boys, let me hug my best friend" Santana said, pushing them out of the way and pulling me into a hug.

"How are you feeling angel?" She asked me.

"Not as bad as yesterday Satan." I answered, laughing at our use of the nicknames we came up with two years ago.

Rachel then decided it was a good time to end our moment, Santana and I pulling away from our hug. She returned to Britney's side, and I stayed put.

"How bad is your eye?" She asked me.

"Nothing too awful, five stitches for the cut above my eye, I need to constantly wear sunglasses unless I'm sleeping for awhile, and I won't be able to see much out of my right eye for a few weeks, but there is no surgery needed which is a plus." I answered, "the slushy got into it pretty good."

"In all my years of teaching, I have never heard of a slushy doing that kind of damage." Mr. Shue spoke up.

"That's because it wasn't a normal slushy it had stuff in it, rocks or something." Finn accused.

I decided to jump in and end that conversation right away "drop that topic right now, it was just a harmless prank that went wrong, I don't want any of you going after them, or accusing them of anything."

"But Anna, they hurt you" Artie tried to reason.

"Yeah, and we are going to hurt them, by beating them at regionals" I answered with a smile.

"We're just glad that you are okay Anna" Mr. Shue said.

"So am I, and even though it's MJ week, I was wondering if I could do a song by a different artist" I looked towards Mr. S.

"Of course Anna, you can do another song" he answered.

"I want you guys to know that even if I don't have my full vision, I will still be able to participate the same as before" I explained, "now sit down so I can show you."

They all quickly scooted towards their seats and sat down, as I told Brad the piano guy my song choice, he nodded and started playing.

(Song is at the top)

Across the sea
By the Tennessee skyline
They told me I'd find my
Hopes and my dreams

But I long to be
In the bed of my true love
Back where I came from
She's waiting for me

So I'll make my way
Through long winding country roads
But my heart still beats
For my home and my English rose

I told my dad
On the phone it's amazing
From the straight to the craziest places I've seen
But I long to be
In the arms of my true love
Like he loves my mother
He understands me

I'll spend my days
Just travelling and playing shows
But my heart still beats
For my home and my English rose

I danced around the room without a care in the world, it didn't matter that I couldn't see properly, my body new exactly where, when and how to move, dancing was like second nature to me, and I loved it.

I met a man
In a bar down in Memphis
He told me he went there to follow his dreams

He told me, "Son,
You know, I lost my true love
For the same exact reason
That you crossed the sea."

And I found truth
In people I barely know
But my heart still beats for my home and my English rose
Oh, my heart still beats for my home and my English rose

As I finished the whole club stood up and started clapping and cheering.

I put my hands over my mouth and laughed, I had no idea I had that in me, that has to have been my best solo that I had ever done.

"Watch out regionals, here we come!" Puck shouted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's a very short chapter, but that's just how it turned out! Anna's back at McKinley and she is ready to kick some serious butt!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading it, I enjoy writing it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and all that good stuff!

~Maddie