Chapter #5

This is it, this is happening. We were all gathered in the choir room, the competition was starting in fifteen minutes, and I was freaking out.

"How are you feeling?" Kurt asked me, coming over to the corner where I was sat on one of the red chairs.

"Terrified" I answered, "like I am going to puke"

"You'll do great" he reassured me, "you're amazingly talented"

"How'd you feel before your first competition solo?" I asked.

"It was actually a duet with Blaine" he explained, "and I was probably worse than you are. now, come on and we'll do some vocal warm ups before we have to go out there."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the chair. Together we walked over to the piano to join some of the others, and while Mr.S played the piano, we warmed up. After a few minutes I heard what sounded like a group of people in heels, I looked up to see that I was correct; the Trouble Tones walked through the door, led by Ms. Corcoran.

"Hello Will" Ms. Corcoran greeted, as she walked through the door, the girls gathering behind her.

"Looking good, ladies!" Mr. Shue complimented the girls, going over to meet them, the rest of us crowding behind him.

"Just came to say, may the best glee club win" Ms. C announced.

"Just in case that glee club is us, I have convinced Ms. Corcoran to consider a contingency plan" Santana continued.

"Yes, in the event of a New Directions loss, Trouble Tones voted to allow any of you to join us at regionals." Ms. C explained.

"Your welcome" Sugar smiled.

"Excuse me?" Mr. S questioned.

"That is incredibly rude Santana" Finn said, I actually agree with him.

"We're being nice" Santana argued, "it would be rude if I followed you around and every time you took a step I played a note on a tuba."

Mr. Shue interrupted after that comment "Thank you for the offer Ms. Corcoran, but right now we're going to concentrate on winning this thing"

Hearing Mr. Shue's confidence in us helped my nerves a little bit, if he thinks we're good enough, than we must be.

"And we will be winning Shelby, we've got it in the bag, Puck here is going to come through for us" Quinn spoke next, "he's such a star in every conceivable way, don't you think?"

Well, THAT'S not suspicious at all.

"Good luck everyone" Ms. C smiled at us, then directed her attention to Mr.Shue, "see you on the ice"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all walked into the auditorium together, with our matching white tuxedos on. Finn went to talk to Rachel and the rest of us found our seats, I sat down between Kurt and Blaine just as they started to announce the judges.

"And now, the judges for this year's show choir sectional"

My nerves were back and they were worse than ever.

"Kurt I'm scared" I whispered to him.

"You'll be great, you are an amazing singer, and an even better dancer" he reassured, "plus, you have been practicing hard all week"

His words helped a little bit, but I needed some air.

"Kurt, I'm going to go get some air, but I will be back in a minute" I said.