The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (26)

• Dedicated to Everyone Who's Read This Story So Far! Thanks For The Support - I <3 You Guys

The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (26)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled up at him once more, another fake smile - that seemed to be all I could give lately. He smiled back, noticing the quirky look I gave him but brushing it off - he'd asked too many times already only to get the same answer. I'm okay, really.

He sighed and wrapped me up in an embrace, maybe I should just come clean now, save him all this hassle. It's been four days. I still hadn't slept.

I cleared my throat awkwardly and he finished his look by throwing a checked black and red shirt over the grey wife beater he was already wearing. Not the ugly small checked ones like on table cloths. The big sexy ones, and might I add, he did look pretty delicious.

It just didn't have the same appeal on me as it used to. My wolf got all depressed when I thought of him in that way - depressed because as much as she wanted to fight me on this - she didn't because of how much HE had hurt us. She may be on her way to forgiving him but I was nowhere near it.

He leaned down and pecked my lips.

"Ready babe?" He asked quietly, his green eyes sparkling down at me. I forced another smile and grabbed his hand.

"And they say girls take ages to get ready? Unless my calculations are wrong ... you took exactly ten minutes longer than me to get ready." I grinned up at him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well, you're not a regular girl are you?" He joked, I knew he meant it as a joke but I frowned. No, of course I wasn't regular. My whole LIFE was screwed up! He frowned and pushed up one corner of my mouth with his cool fingertips. I rolled my eyes and smacked his hand away before tugging him out of Jay's room where he'd been staying for the past four days since we came back, Dad was due to arrive tonight and I didn't want to be here when he made his grand appearance at Mom's house. Neither myself nor Jay had been brave enough to tell her ... So I forced Devyn to take me out, somewhere in town, Jay was over at HIS house.

"We're leaving Mom!" I called out. She only spoke her reply quietly from inside her office but I could hear it as clearly as if she had said it right beside me. I smiled slightly at that - she had adapted to the wolf thing very quickly - apparently she always had a hunch Jay was one, but me - she was sure of it.

I dragged Devyn over to his motorbike and he handed me his helmet which I accepted grudgingly, throwing it on before hopping on behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist tightly.

The further we drove away from my house ... And his - the dull ache in my chest grew. I swallowed the lump in my throat and started humming random songs to myself, attempting to distract myself. Devyn's muscles flexing under my hands helped slightly and sooner than I thought possible - we arrived at the club. In a small town like this there was only ONE club. THE club - called Kino's.

We stepped up in front and Devyn dragged me forwards, leading me straight past the long line of people waiting to get in and straight up to the bouncer. He nodded at the guy on the left and the guy smirked and shrugged, nodding his head and stepping back.

I could hear protests of outrage behind us and I simply flipped them off before following Devyn into the crowded club, fully intent on getting wasted as quickly as possible, I made a beeline for the counter and almost let out a growl when I felt a cool hand on my wrist.

I turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh NOOOOO you don't!" Devyn exclaimed, laughing at my furious expression. "You promised to dance with me ALL night - we're going by my rules babe." he gave me the puppy dog eyes and I couldn't help but giggle at the pathetic look on his face. Such a big strong guy giving somebody puppy eyes was just so out of context - it was hilarious.