The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (32)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke early the next morning. A throbbing pain pounding behind my eyes. I groaned and slammed my eyes shut after attempting to open them and being blinded by the predawn sunlight that was filtering into the room. I moaned and buried my face in the warm, smooth skin beneath my cheek. I managed to crack one bleary eye open after several seconds to inspect the surface I was laying on seeing as it definitely didn't feel like a bed. It was only then that I registered the pounding heartbeat in my ear that wasn't actually helping my splitting headache in any way.

I managed to raise my head slightly, my neck ached as I did so, and I glanced up into Kaden's peacefully sleeping face. How in the hell had this happened? I raised the thin sheet that was draped unceremoniously over the both of us and raised an eyebrow at both of our topless states. I slapped my hand on his chest roughly as I sat up, dragging my fingers through my hair, causing his eyes to snap open and he shot up into a sitting position.

"Ali, the fuck?" He moaned, dragging a hand over his face in a sexy manner, attempting to wipe the sleep away. He blinked blearily before smirking at my blatantly naked chest.

"Why are we topless? And why am I in your house?"

"Well you seemed to have stuffed your system with as many drugs as you could find last night and I had to go pick you up in L.A only a couple hours ago... You don't remember a thing?"

"Kaden, if I fucking remembered what happened I wouldn't be asking you. Jackass."

"Oh ouch, well if you're going to be grouchy I'm not telling you anything."

"Don't be a spanner." I stated mildly, raising an eyebrow at him as he chuckled at my choice of insult.

"When we got back here you were trying to rape me but you were so high I didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage so I brought you up here and that's when you started pulling off your clothes in an attempt to get me into bed. It was kind of funny really..." He trailed off, laughing as he stared into space thinking about what must have transpired last night. Shit... I felt my cheeks flush a deep crimson and I looked down, rubbing my arms absentmindedly.

"It's not rape if you enjoy it." I finally stated, sticking my tongue out at him. He leaned over and wrapped me up in his arms, dragging me onto his lap.

"Babe, there is no doubt I would have enjoyed it but I would've felt so uncomfortable shagging you with me being stone cold sober and you high as a kite."

"We should make up for our lack of action last night then..." I murmured, trailing my fingers over his bare thigh.

"I like the sound of that plan..."

"Too bad I have to get home before you're beheaded by my father though." I chirped, smirking as I shot up off his lap before he could hold me there.