The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (5)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I set up Joey's room while waiting for dinner to cook downstairs. I clipped a few fronds from the palm tree outside and placed them in his glass case while he lay comfortably coiled in the sunshine that shone across my bed. I turned on the red light and poured some water in the shallow part of the case. There was a special dip in the case, just for water to go into, the whole case was laid out like a natural habitat actually. It had cost me a fortune, two-hundred and fifty dollars to be exact.

    As soon as it was finished I picked up Joey carefully and placed him in his new home, where he happily slithered into his artificial hollow log. I dusted off my hands and shut the lid before changing into a pair of shorts and jogging downstairs. I had another twenty minutes and the twins, Jay or Ty were no where to be seen so I headed into the garage for a punching session.

I couldn't help but imagine the bag being Graham's father's face. That whole situation just infuriated me so much. I lashed out at the bag, feeling my knuckles bruise. I didn't mind. Sweat was pouring in my eyes and I was so caught up in what I was doing that I didn't notice I had an audience.

I stopped when I heard the oven timer beep. Swiping my hand against my forehead I bent over, hands on my knees, gasping for breath. It was way too hot. I pulled off my T-shirt, standing there in my bra, and slung it over my shoulders, turning around to go get the Lasagne out of the oven.

I froze when I noticed Kaden and Danny both sitting on lawn chairs, leaning back, relaxing ... and admiring the view. Which happened to be me. I fought back my blush and hurriedly held up my t-shirt in front of me then pulled it back on. Eyes wide, they smirked in unison. Without saying a word I turned on my heel and dashed inside, my face glowing. Yes, Jay owed me big. I don't think I'd blushed as much in my life as I had in the past couple of weeks. I realized that it directly coincided with my meeting with the twins.

I pulled the Lasagne from the oven and set it on the table.

"DINNER'S READY!" I yelled out loudly, I could hear footsteps coming at me from all directions, I dashed upstairs to go change my sweat-stained workout top before I ate and grabbed a long T-shirt before running back down to the kitchen. The table was crowded. Ty was sitting, eating his piece already while Jay dished out a slice to Kaden, Danny and then himself.

Noticing there was about a quarter left, Jay handed me the knife so I could slice my own piece, I threw it down on the table and just picked up the Pyrex dish shrugging. All the chairs at the table were full so I hopped up on the counter and dug my fork into my Lasagne. It was scaldingly hot and I could feel a blister swelling on the roof of my mouth already but it tasted so good and me being the savage I am just kept on shoveling it in.

I heard a scraping of chairs and then saw somebody's hand grasping a fork, moving towards my Lasagne from the corner of my eye. I jerked the dish away.

"Mine!" I looked up and growled threateningly! I saw something flicker in the twin's eyes as he studied my face. Shock? Fear? I smirked at him and continued eating.

"Ali how come you get QUARTER of the Lasagne and I only got one slice?" 

"Simple. I made it. This is my house. I grabbed it first, you should have taken more. I have to clean up after. Need I go on with my list of reasons?" I smiled innocently up at him and took another bite, the hot pasta scalding my tongue.

He looked amused and held up his hand.

"I'm a guest. I'm older. I'm a famous hot rockstar. You love me too much NOT to give it to me and I'm a growing boy. Need I go on with MY list of reasons?" He smiled just as innocently back at me.