The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (19)

The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (19) !!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(WARNING: Contains strong language and gory-ness) Is gory-ness a word?! I don't know :P

~~~~~~

My head was throbbing and my tongue felt thick, heavy - it was hard, even painful to swallow. I stayed as still as possible, trying hard to remember. I could feel my hair matted on the right side of my head and I fought back a groan when I remembered what happened.

New York. The Casino. Jared ... I evened out my breathing and tried my hardest not to move. What if he was around - what if he was here? I opened my eyes a crack and was met by complete darkness. I rolled over in my 'sleep' and peered through the infinitesimal space I had allowed myself. Nothing. Just pitch blackness. I opened my eyes fully and sat up cautiously, slowly - even with wolf vision, I couldn't see a thing. Meaning there wasn't even an ounce of natural light in this space. This room was completely sealed - but there was fresh air getting in somewhere. I could feel a draft, a cool breeze against my skin.

I couldn't hear a thing, I couldn't smell a thing. The only thing that made me sure I was even alive was the throbbing pain in my head and that light breeze against my skin. It was torture - complete sensory deprivation.

I hissed when a door was thrown open to my left and a bright light shone in - illuminating the room. I squinted, unwillingly to close my eyes for even a second in the face of the enemy.

I watched as the black silhouette in the doorway grew larger, blocking out most of the light and allowing my eyes to adjust rapidly. Jared.

He reached down and grabbed me by the hair, yanking me upright. I refused to let a single sound escape my mouth. You never show weakness in the face of the enemy. He sneered down at me, his cool blue eyes burning into my own. I lifted my lip in a snarl, exposing one sharpened canine - and I felt that thing rise within me. The beast, my wolf as Jessica called it. My inner spirit, the wolf trapped inside me. And boy was she angry - she wanted to tear Jared limb from limb.

His expression didn't change and I growled, his grip on my hair tightened but other than that he didn't show any sign of intimidation. I growled louder and he shook me.

"Shut up bitch." He snarled. "How I've missed you Ali darling." He chuckled, the menacing sound sent a shiver of fear right to my core. This wasn't the teenage Jared I had been hooked on and abused by. This was a cool, calculating monster. What could have changed since I left that had turned him into even more of a bastard than he already was. His father ... responsibility ... the gang. Something in my head clicked.

"So what happened to your Dad then?" I tried to goad him - something must have happened to Ancelotti senior for Jared to have taken on the mantle of mob boss. There was no other explanation as to why Jared would have changed except for the fact that now he had a gang to run - and had become just as ruthless as his father had been.

"I killed him." He snarled, dropping me to his feet. I caught myself just before I landed and managed not to go down on all fours, a position of complete weakness. His answer shocked me.

"What? Why?!" I couldn't help the quaver in my voice. Gone was the using, abusing Jared I had known, loved - and eventually hated. Here, standing before me, was the cold, ruthless killer he had become.

His thin lips curved up in a tight smirk, he ignored my question and walked over to the door - reaching out and signalling something with his hand. A light switch was flicked on and I winced as the bright bulb flared above me. I drew myself up to my full height - still a few inches shy from Jared's immense height, towering above me.