The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (30)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I disentangled myself from Kaden at around six am, carefully shifting and moving his smooth, toned arm from where it rested across my bare chest. I picked up his shirt from the ground and slid it over my head, drowning myself in the swathes of material. My lip twitched at the thought of the fact that this had been the first eight hour, sober nights sleep I've had in ... Well I don't even remember a time where this has happened before.

Glancing down at his sleeping form I had to bite my lip to stop myself giggling at the sight before me... His chest was littered in scratches and hickeys and his neck looked like it had been mauled by some beast... I'm certain his back hadn't faired much better. His lip were swollen and slightly chapped, covered in healing bite marks.

Shooting him one last look, I sighed internally and silently swiped Kaden's Benson from his side table and swept out of his room - he didn't stir once. My muscles ached slightly and I felt my face heat up slightly along with the wry grin that shaped my lips at the thought of all we had done last night. That boy sure had a lot of stamina...

I crept out his front door, leaving it slightly ajar before pulling open the box in my hand sliding out a cigarette and lighting it up. I felt grimy and I knew a cool shower would sooth my aching muscles so I made my way over to the trellis underneath my balcony, stealthily scaling the wall, fag clamped between my teeth. Inhaling one last drag I tossed it back onto the lawn behind me before heading inside and quickly showering. I stepped out and grabbed a towel, swiping my hand across the fogged up mirror. Reaching down to grab my underwear I froze, my gaze shooting back up to my mirror and more importantly - my reflection.

Shit.

If I thought Kaden's neck had been bad... My own was nothing in comparison. Twisting around and looking over my shoulder I growled at the sight of the dozen bruises and hickeys that made trails across my shoulders and down my neck. Turning back around I glanced down and narrowed my eyes at the lines of teeth marks and hickeys adorning my chest all the way down to my stomach and the insides of my thighs. Bastard.

Averting my gaze I dressed quickly in a pair of red skinny jeans and the highest necked shirt I owned. Grabbing a chiffon scarf I wrapped it around my neck securely hiding all of my love bites before heading downstairs to make breakfast for myself. I decided I would leave for school early, hopefully before Kaden had the chance to get his ass over to my house - my mind kept turning over those four words he'd proclaimed to me last night...

'You're mine now, Ali.' What did that mean? Did he think we were together or something because as far as I'm concerned our relationship extended as far as casual sex and that was it. I'm not ready for another relationship. My last boyfriend was a using prick - hell, he'd kidnapped and tortured me - and yes, I realise Kaden would never do anything like that to me (I wouldn't let him - Jay and Danny would destroy him - and I just don't think he would ever physically hurt me in anyway) but I'm not ready for a serious kind of thing with anybody. Serious relationships mean too many rules, too much thought and too much effort. Then there was Devyn, how could I hop into another relationship so easily after his passing. I know it had been several weeks but should I not still be mourning him? Even if my wolf wasn't I should. I was acting like a floozy. A tramp.