26.

Omniscient

August and Alani rode in the Range Rover, heading to August's personal photography studio. Carmen from radio station Hot 97 was currently doing phone checks just like every morning.

Right now she was on the phone with an electrician and was pretending that something was wrong with her wall outlet. 

"Aaah! Oh Jesus! Help me lawd!" She screamed and you could hear sounds of fake shocking.

Alani laughed.

"Woah, woah." August laughed, causing Alani to laugh. "She a trip man." August chuckled , shaking his head.

"That reminds me of this old friend I had in middle school and we had little play dates and whatnot. We stayed prank calling people." She laughed. "One time, we prank called this photographer."

"Mm Is dat right?" August smirked, looking at her.

"Mhm." Alani chuckled.

"So how'd dat go?"

"Well she spoke English right, but we were speaking in Spanish."

"You Hispanic?"

"Uh...yeaaah." Alani said.

"Why am I jus' nah knowin dis?" He glanced at her.

"Cause I act more Black than anything." She chuckled, looking out of her window. "I can be Mexican as hell sometimes though. Solo un poco." She squinted her eye bringing her thumb and index finger close.

August laughed. "So what dat mean?"

"Just a little bit."

"Oh. So I can get some lessons from ya or nah? Cause I'd like ta learn." He smirked at her, running his tongue over his bottom lip.

"I guess I could teach you a little some'n." She said. "I'm not no pro at it though. I've been speaking in English for so long that I've forgotten a lot."

"Oh so you only kno' a little?"

"Yeah like.. I can't have a conversation in Spanish with somebody. If they're talking to me, I'll understand what they're saying but I can't converse back."

August frowned. "Wait..."

Alani laughed. "I know, it's weird, please."

"Yeah..you weird as hell fa' dat."

"Oh shut up." She slung her hand on his chest playfully.

"It's aight doe'." He chuckled.

Soon they we parked outside of August's studio and he cut the engine.

"So you neva been ta a photography studio?" August asked as they walked to the entrance.

"Nope, never."

"Well nah you have." He unlocked the door to the studio, letting Alani enter before he.

"Wow." She looked around at all of the backdrops, props, and lighting equipment. "This is amazing Aug."